sharetrader
Page 487 of 899 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 8983

HLG cash pile grew by $33m in F20 to a mountain of cash of $50m

My mum always told me (again and again) ”look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves”

That’s how Mary and her team make cash mountains in tough times
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Lol there's just as much hype talk now as there was trash talk a few months back, no wonder newbies get confused, the key is to sell into the hype and buy into the trash talk.
    Last edited by couta1; 12-10-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Lol there's just as much hype talk now as there was trash talk a few months back, no wonder newbies get confused.
    Last time the HLG share price took off like this it was that Aussie outfit who thought they had a bargain and bought in big time

Wonder if something like this is happening again?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Lol there's just as much hype talk now as there was trash talk a few months back, no wonder newbies get confused, the key is to sell into the hype and buy into the trash talk.

There is a lot of truth to that! There is a bit of a tendency for posters to take a black-or-white view. Always worth listening but need also to do ones own thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    HLG cash pile grew by $33m in F20 to a mountain of cash of $50m

My mum always told me (again and again) ”look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves”

That’s how Mary and her team make cash mountains in tough times
    That's 83 cents cash a share on a $6 share price. Hmmm You think that might underwrite future dividends, just a "little"

Much hype on another thread about a $854 cash mountain, (all of which was built up by never once paying a dividend) unlike HLG who have a stellar track record in that regard. Amounts to $1.15 per share but that's not a huge percentage of a $15.80 share is it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Last time i checked their balance sheet they did have a section termed "Current Liabilities" and i always like to have that section in my charts advanced summery totals when events are generated that section does get printed in excel.

Still a 90 cent margin left on current pricing surely as MR B has pointed out its undervalued as per dividend. It really should be a 7 dollars share until market summer update .

WHO is recommending no lockdowns world wide which give the governments around the world he green light to develop new strategies to harden societies to threats with out cutting business off at the ankles.

DISC: Not saying i support it.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-10-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Last time i checked there balance sheet they did have a section termed "Current Liabilities"
    Which are mostly related to stock and covered twice over by stock.

No wonder Winner is using the term "cash mountain" then eh mate

Funny thing is they're still negotiating with landlords over covid...got to hand it to them, they're nothing if not persistent.
    Hope none of those landlords read the balance sheet lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's 83 cents cash a share on a $6 share price. Hmmm You think that might underwrite future dividends, just a "little"

Much hype on another thread about a $854 cash mountain, (all of which was built up by never once paying a dividend) unlike HLG who have a stellar track record in that regard. Amounts to $1.15 per share but that's not a huge percentage of a $15.80 share is it !
    Lots of trash talk around A2 at the moment and thats why its a buy or in my case sell and buy back more shares, look at the performance of the stock over the last few yrs, speaks for itself.

Guru

Its a very very strong position to be in for sure!!!!

ATM TA shows a buy but if it does hold else its down to the 13's... I am constantly amazed that even on the NZX TA related to FA seems to have some regard to buying and selling.

China recovering , US under pressure and NZD should hold here and gradually strengthen favouring HLG stock buying.

I do not consider MR B comments as anything other than highly considered and accurate FA.

Investors will find nothing confusing there.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 12-10-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Lots of trash talk around A2 at the moment and thats why its a buy or in my case sell and buy back more shares, look at the performance of the stock over the last few yrs, speaks for itself.
    I'm in no comment mode on that thread as you know mate. I was merely comparing the much talked about cash mountain in ATM with the hardly ever talked about cash mountain of HLG on a comparative basis. It wasn't intended as a criticism of ATM, merely observing the two cash mountains on a relative basis compared to their share prices. All the very best with your strategy. I genuinely hope it works out really well for you.
    Disc: I have a significant position in Kingfish warrants, (exercisable in March 2021), and one of their biggest positions is ATM so our interests are aligned mate
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2020 at 11:12 AM.