sharetrader
Page 607 of 1419 FirstFirst ... 1075075575976036046056066076086096106116176577071107 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 14187

If Sky signs 250,000 broadband customers their numbers and market cap could increase by A150m based upon the Aussie Broadband numbers: https://smallcaps.com.au/aussie-broa...igital-market/

The other interesting numbers I saw today is that Netflix sp is trading on a 90 x forward earnings. Sky’s is only 3

My contract with Stuff Fibre expires in May, I'll 100% be moving over to Sky broadband. Be interesting what numbers they pull in during their first year of operation. People always says the margins are slim with broadband, but Sky already has a large customer base it can already tap into, mix this in with some revised packages and we have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by DownTownJr View Post
    My contract with Stuff Fibre expires in May, I'll 100% be moving over to Sky broadband. Be interesting what numbers they pull in during their first year of operation. People always says the margins are slim with broadband, but Sky already has a large customer base it can already tap into, mix this in with some revised packages and we have a winner.
    You'd think they could get 50,000 to 100,000 in the first year or so. Especially if they own the satellite churn.

Guru

Just out of curiosity why will you be moving to Sky Broadband? I am currently with Vodafone, and although I do not like their customer service, their broadband works very well for me. I am also a SKY shareholder but I do not have the urge to move at this point in time. Is Stuff Fibre not up to scratch or are you moving because you may get some package deals?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Just out of curiosity why will you be moving to Sky Broadband? I am currently with Vodafone,
    and although I do not like their customer service, their broadband works very well for me. I am also a SKY shareholder but I do not have the urge to move at this point in time. Is Stuff Fibre not up to scratch or are you moving because you may get some package deals?
    I have no problems with Stuff Fibre, heck best provider I have been with so far and highly recommend, but I also want to say the same for Sky broadband and obviously also being invested with them. Keep in mind that I naturally do change providers every year as usually they have sign up rewards for new customers etc.

Packages would only be a bonus such as free Neon.

Guru

Packages would only be a bonus such as free Neon.
    I don't think many people will move over to Sky Broadband unless the packages are compelling. Especially if you are happy with the performance of your current provider (no outages etc).

I was chatting to my mom on the weekend - my parents are long time Sky TV customers (20 years +). Her fibre is with Spark. I casually mentioned that Sky are probably going to contact her early next year with some attractive packages that includes internet.

Her answer was a flat no: Spark do a great job for her internet and she wouldn't want to switch.

Of course, if Sky make an offer she can't refuse then her stance might change - but her initial reaction was 'no'.

I fully expect Sky Broadband will be successful over time - but they need to prove that their service is reliable, fast...and that the bundles are worthwhile in terms of savings.

I will move over to sky broadband if and when its offered.I have a vested interest in their success and would think it counterintuitive not to.Some people seem to want their cake and eat it to

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I don't think many people will move over to Sky Broadband unless the packages are compelling. Especially if you are happy with the performance of your current provider (no outages etc).

I was chatting to my mom on the weekend - my parents are long time Sky TV customers (20 years +). Her fibre is with Spark. I casually mentioned that Sky are probably going to contact her early next year with some attractive packages that includes internet.

Her answer was a flat no: Spark do a great job for her internet and she wouldn't want to switch.

Of course, if Sky make an offer she can't refuse then her stance might change - but her initial reaction was 'no'.

I fully expect Sky Broadband will be successful over time - but they need to prove that their service is reliable, fast...and that the bundles are worthwhile in terms of savings.
    Definitely see your point, my parents are probably the same, but I think there is a large part of society that are keen to save some $$ and will happily change providers if they can.

I think it will be quite different. Look at the growth Contact has had with their broadband offering. Up to 30k subs last time (from memory) in ~2 years and starting from a much smaller customer base than Sky will be. Contact has shown it is a great play for a big player with a large customer base. It will be whether Sky can implement it competently.

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Definitely see your point, my parents are probably the same, but I think there is a large part of society that are keen to save some $$ and will happily change providers if they can.

I think it will be quite different. Look at the growth Contact has had with their broadband offering. Up to 30k subs last time (from memory) in ~2 years and starting from a much smaller customer base than Sky will be. Contact has shown it is a great play for a big player with a large customer base. It will be whether Sky can implement it competently.
    Therein is the crux of Sky's problems
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”