sharetrader
    Quiet Observer

Perhaps you need to sort out the tech at your end Silu?

We watched the AB's on SSN, on the Smart TV, via HDMI cable, streamed through the Laptop - no probs.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    Perhaps you need to sort out the tech at your end Silu?

We watched the AB's on SSN, on the Smart TV, via HDMI cable, streamed through the Laptop - no probs.
    OK did you use the replay function? I'll try it tonight again. Last time I tried 2 weeks ago I pulled up a replay of a game on the laptop but then when I plugged it into the TV with a HDMI cable it told me it was not supported. Maybe they changed it because I caused some stink which would be nice. I'm usually not someone to complain.
    Last edited by silu; 13-07-2022 at 08:49 AM.

https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/395302

Skybox delay explained now 'Spring' 2022 and very interesting Sky investor newsletter.

From the newsletter : "Our focus has since returned to confirming the best options for returning surplus capital to shareholders (in addition to the previously-announced return to paying dividends) and accelerating organic investment in the business to drive further growth"
    Last edited by freebee; 13-07-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    OK did you use the replay function? I'll try it tonight again. Last time I tried 2 weeks ago I pulled up a replay of a game on the laptop but then when I plugged it into the TV with a HDMI cable it told me it was not supported. Maybe they changed it because I caused some stink which would be nice. I'm usually not someone to complain.
    If it still doesn’t work for you, try a different HDMI cable. Some cables will trigger the copy-protection required by some content owners.

My parents have been watching SSN playback of the Tour de France chromecasted to the tv from tablet/phone with no issues. I’ve had no issues doing the same previously when visiting them. Olympics, Bathurst, etc.

Are you going via the Features button, then down to Replays, or via the … More, then scrolling back through the tv guide to select playback from last 24 hrs? We’ve always used the tv guide scrollback in the app, which may be the difference in our approaches?

It is pretty brave for Sky to indicate a roll out of the Sky box will start in September 2022 (given that it is only a month and a bit away..). I'm going to put my money that a full roll out won't be completed until much later.
    Last edited by snigmac; 13-07-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    It is pretty brave for Sky to indicate a roll out of the Sky box will start in September 2022 (given that it is only a month and a bit away..). I'm going to put my money that a full roll out won't be completed until much later.
    Agreed, full launch won’t be until closer to the end of the year at the earliest I reckon.

Main priority is to get the box out to VTV customers by September.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agreed, full launch won’t be until closer to the end of the year at the earliest I reckon.

Main priority is to get the box out to VTV customers by September.
    It is going to be really interesting whether Sky stick to returning the circa 85% of cash they have. There does not appear to be a mention of this in the information that was released.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    It is going to be really interesting whether Sky stick to returning the circa 85% of cash they have. There does not appear to be a mention of this in the information that was released.
    I think they will return 60% of cash if we are lucky mate.

better do something good as shareprice keeps going the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    better do something good as shareprice keeps going the wrong way.
    Returning surplus cash will not help the SP, much.

Declaring a dividend based on a high percentage of profit will boost the SP. Declaring a decent profit will boost the SP.

Any repayment of surplus cash will drop the SP by the amount of the capital return.

First repay all debt. Next, can the company utilise the cash to increase profit. If not, then pay the money to shareholders. Won't help the SP, but will not hurt it when the money is spent badly.