sharetrader
Page 599 of 1433 FirstFirst ... 994995495895955965975985996006016026036096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 14322
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Surely you can sympathise that any people so subjected to addiction & humiliation will look after their self interest when they are able to and view their bullies with suspicion and retribution when the right time comes along?
    What about the countries china is bullying?

& why don't they have any real allies other than russia and pakistan.

Willie Jackson : "Democracy is the tyranny of the majority."

So Ardern is going to help change that to "DeMaoriCrazy - tyranny of the minority."

Result of the housing policies of Ardern & her team of nincompoops - record increases in rents.

Cannot get anything right, can they?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...of-their-homes

" ..... annual increases in many regions, with weekly rents up 17.8% to $530 in Taranaki, 13.6% to $500 in Manawatū/Whanganui, 11.4% to $490 in Canterbury and 9.1% to $600 in Bay of Plenty."

[QUOTE=Balance;953262]Meanwhile, Ardern & Labour are back-pedalling like crazy over co-governance after internal polling shows NZers sick to their back teeth with the divisive & racist policies of this incompetent government :

i
    " If you understand the China history of how they were bullied, humiliated and exploited by the Western powers & Japan however, you will not make the demonizing comments about them as Western media & governments are inclined to do. "

A quote from a later post you made. Could not a similar happening be applied to the original settlers of NZ ? Maybe the present Govt. is trying to improve the present statistics which resulted from past actions.

westerly

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Maybe the present Govt. is trying to improve the present statistics which resulted from past actions.

westerly
    I mean, who cares, history is history and at the rate this government is going they'll be history too in 18 months or so. My only concern is how much more badly they screw things up before the next government comes in, whoever that is. Things can get so bad that no new government can fix it in one term. That's where we're heading, a disaster that may not be fixable by a new government. Add it up and you have a whole generation of decline, going backwards, along with a whole host of new problems with societal division, resentment, oppression, cynicism, upset and even hatred. Labour has had long enough already, all they've done is made things worse, much worse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I mean, who cares, history is history and at the rate this government is going they'll be history too in 18 months or so. My only concern is how much more badly they screw things up before the next government comes in, whoever that is. Things can get so bad that no new government can fix it in one term. That's where we're heading, a disaster that may not be fixable by a new government. Add it up and you have a whole generation of decline, going backwards, along with a whole host of new problems with societal division, resentment, oppression, cynicism, upset and even hatred. Labour has had long enough already, all they've done is made things worse, much worse.
    That sums up the situation perfectly unfortunately.

A good perspective which is in tune with mine :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/1284...-a-single-lens

"If you read the daily headlines, whether from Ukraine or closer to home in the Solomon Islands, you could be excused for concluding that conflict of some sort with China is inevitable. But in my view, seeing China as an existential threat in which everything it does is bad, and nothing it does is good, is unwarranted."

"New Zealand needs to use multiple lenses when viewing China, not only geopolitical but also human rights, economic and commercial, strategic, and cultural. None are sufficient alone. They have to be blended so that we can take a comprehensive view of our relations with this large and important country."

And this is an excellent example of why China will continue to rise while the US is in terminal decline:

https://huffpost.netblogpro.com/entr..._recirculation
    Yes, a good perspective that is also in tune with Ardern’s perspective on China. She does not have a black-and-white view of China and sees the country through multiple lenses and angles as well.

Meanwhile, Ardern & Labour are back-pedalling like crazy over co-governance after internal polling shows NZers sick to their back teeth with the divisive & racist policies of this incompetent government :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...lectoral-rules
    Sounds like a discussion between grown-ups to me as they explore what co-management and co-governance for Maori means.
    Co-governance and co-management arrangements beyond those already introduced through Treaty settlements, were a response to the need to meet Māori ambitions, and address Māori inequality.
    As Willie Jackson said it’s about the invisibility that Māori have at council level.

Your comments don’t sound very grown-up. They sound like a broken record to me: “incompetent government, divisive & racist policies.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Your comments don’t sound very grown-up. They sound like a broken record to me: “incompetent government, divisive & racist policies.”
    They're not very grown up. Balance has a good brain and lots of wisdom about investing and markets. But he hates "the left" so much that on any topic where he can possibly diss the government his rationality deserts him.

At that stage he is not interested in finding out where the truth lies, or even where anyone else thinks it lies. He becomes interested only in scoring points and "winning".

If he can't do that, he doesn't actually engage with the other poster's argument, but instead heaps personal abuse on them.

Don't feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Totally agree.