PDA

View Full Version : Snakk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

sommelier
27-08-2014, 10:54 AM
You're right, a $700k earnings off $20m mCap is not flash, but I promise you the mcap will not be $20m when that $700k is hit. And you wouldn't say no to $4.7m earnings the following year if you bought in at $20m mCap. The 'potential' of a company with a tonne of revenue is priced in much more than the 'potential' of a company that just has ideas. Why can't they demonstrate that they can bring costs under control? Because at the moment with all this talk of Asia and ASX costs don't even come into it. As I say, small holder at a loss, won't be buying any more because I don't need more risk, but at these prices I think it's good value.

jonu
27-08-2014, 11:09 AM
How often have you seen a building tide when it's on its way out?

Only when it meets something that with futility is trying to hold it back! Eg a floodgate! When she goes she really goes! Perhaps the floodgates are opening Dentie!

whatsup
27-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Signs of life today !!

winner69
27-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Growth slowing

Note the 'world class' management team has been downgraded to just 'fantastic'

J R Ewing
27-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I just love these announcements where you just get the revenue without the expenses!

WALLABIES RECORD 67% IMPROVEMENT WEEK ON WEEK vs ALL BLACKS!

Wallabies coach Ewan McKenzie is delighted to announce that the Eden Park test was a 67% improvement on Sydney for the Wallabies, who scored 20 points including two tries cf just 4 penalties the week before. McKenzie also points out that the result is even better when you take into account currency fluctuations re points at home/points away :)

jonu
27-08-2014, 12:39 PM
I just love these announcements where you just get the revenue without the expenses!

WALLABIES RECORD 67% IMPROVEMENT WEEK ON WEEK vs ALL BLACKS!

Wallabies coach Ewan McKenzie is delighted to announce that the Eden Park test was a 67% improvement on Sydney for the Wallabies, who scored 20 points including two tries cf just 4 penalties the week before. McKenzie also points out that the result is even better when you take into account currency fluctuations re points at home/points away :)

Very good JR:) ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Copper
27-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Signs of life today !!

Just remember only till the weekend will there be action and then "SILENCE"....Moose and Balance included.Like a clock these Snakk postings.....

winner69
27-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Note VERY well the wording regarding the ASX listing. It is not a given, and is in fact far off as Snakk does not meet requirements.

Perhaps another backdoor acquisition/merger through an ASX listed shell to get around this and distribute insider shates faster?

What a con job this listing is turning out to be...

Doesn't today's announcement suggest they are thinking of taking over Thomson Reuters?

Just reading between the lines but if that happened it would set the market alight.

Makes sense now, building that world class management time and all that

Copper
27-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Handley having control of Thomson Reuters would be a larger catastrophe than the far-left getting into power this election. Lord help us!
I know it's not part of the Snakk story but after watching TV 3 tonite I see that Winston and some of my elderly whitebaiting friends are going to control you 28 year olds and lead you all into the greater world of consensus politics where Balance is in charge of dissemination of rules and regulations and Snapiti and Robbo will be on the audit committee.E &OE.....

Balance
28-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Tsk tsk on me, first telling off ever by ST mods today for unkosher things posted on here.

Remember, the Snakk boys LOVE this thread (they also love looking at my LinkedIn account).

Careful out there with the sharks/snakes/ducks out there ;)

Haha - you are a marked moose so be careful out there in the woods!

Copper
28-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Tsk tsk on me, first telling off ever by ST mods today for unkosher things posted on here.

Remember, the Snakk boys LOVE this thread (they also love looking at my LinkedIn account).

Careful out there with the sharks/snakes/ducks out there ;)
Poor Moosie ,stuck in the bog of outback Mangatainoka ,Be careful.The pub is full of Moose hunters filled with Tui and with your antlers looking like a decaying macrocarpa the ducks and snakes and loan sharks may well pay you a visit.Balance with his unkosher hat on will inevitably show up and give you the last rites of a Parmy Blogger.I just hope the most optimistic outcome will prevail.Lot of E&OE and Spellchecking and prayer incorporated in this post. Have a good cheerful evening all.

ari
09-09-2014, 08:55 AM
This guy has some strong background.....

SNAKK APPOINTS INAUGURAL CFO

The board is pleased to announce the appointment of Bob Mohan as our inaugural Chief Financial Officer.

Bob joins us from Google where he spent the last 11 years working across the search engine giant’s corporate finance operations, including leading the merger and acquisition efforts for more than 130 acquisitions such as Android, DoubleClick and YouTube.

American-born Mr Mohan joined Google in the US a year before its 2004 IPO, then moved to Sydney in 2009 to lead the company’s Asia Pacific accounting team of 30 members across six regional offices.

Mohan’s career includes 20 years’ experience in corporate finance positions spanning startups through to Fortune 500 companies. Most of this time has been spent in future-focused and fast-growing internet companies.

Bob’s extensive experience will be a huge benefit to Snakk. We are a small company with tremendous opportunities in front of us. We’ve come to a point where we want to take some significant steps forward with our growth plans.

Now that we have a presence in Asia and are looking more closely at strategic investments and a potential ASX listing, it is the right time for us to bring on board someone of Mr Mohan’s calibre. He’s a rare talent who’s been involved in some of the world’s largest technology merger and acquisition deals, strategic equity investments as well as Google’s pre and post IPO processes. We are thrilled that he’s joined the executive management team.

Mr Mohan started his new role as Snakk’s Group Chief Financial Officer on 8 September, and is based in the Sydney office.

He will be in New Zealand for the company’s 2014 AGM and #SnakkLive evening panel event on 16 September where he will be joined by other members of the Snakk executive management team.

As always, thank you for your support,

Mark

Cobber
09-09-2014, 09:23 AM
This guy has some strong background.....

SNAKK APPOINTS INAUGURAL CFO

The board is pleased to announce the appointment of Bob Mohan as our inaugural Chief Financial Officer.

Bob joins us from Google where he spent the last 11 years working across the search engine giant’s corporate finance operations, including leading the merger and acquisition efforts for more than 130 acquisitions such as Android, DoubleClick and YouTube.

American-born Mr Mohan joined Google in the US a year before its 2004 IPO, then moved to Sydney in 2009 to lead the company’s Asia Pacific accounting team of 30 members across six regional offices.

Mohan’s career includes 20 years’ experience in corporate finance positions spanning startups through to Fortune 500 companies. Most of this time has been spent in future-focused and fast-growing internet companies.

Bob’s extensive experience will be a huge benefit to Snakk. We are a small company with tremendous opportunities in front of us. We’ve come to a point where we want to take some significant steps forward with our growth plans.

Now that we have a presence in Asia and are looking more closely at strategic investments and a potential ASX listing, it is the right time for us to bring on board someone of Mr Mohan’s calibre. He’s a rare talent who’s been involved in some of the world’s largest technology merger and acquisition deals, strategic equity investments as well as Google’s pre and post IPO processes. We are thrilled that he’s joined the executive management team.

Mr Mohan started his new role as Snakk’s Group Chief Financial Officer on 8 September, and is based in the Sydney office.

He will be in New Zealand for the company’s 2014 AGM and #SnakkLive evening panel event on 16 September where he will be joined by other members of the Snakk executive management team.

As always, thank you for your support,

Mark

This guy is a significant scalp for Snakk.

J R Ewing
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
That's certainly an impressive signing. The guy that was leading Googles mergers and acquisitions has moved to Snakk.

Kiwi
09-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm thinking it may just be the right time to buy a heap more? I can now see this Company going places and I'm in for the ride.

Dentie
09-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Very sparse sell depth at this time....good to see.

Like Ogg, I am also waiting for Balances (in particular) take on this latest very encouraging info.

I'm hoping all the perceived negative stuff is now finally a fading history.

sommelier
09-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I'd love to see it back to my buy price.. But if anyone bought in at 8c and knows the history of the company then we have some large barriers ahead. I'm overweight in my holding with an average buy of 11.5c. It's not money I need so I plan on leaving it for a few years. If there is one thing we've seen with this SP it's that it ramps prior to agm and reports, and plummets afterwards.

Copper
09-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Very sparse sell depth at this time....good to see.

Like Ogg, I am also waiting for Balances (in particular) take on this latest very encouraging info.

I'm hoping all the perceived negative stuff is now finally a fading history.
My understanding was that the recent sellers may have been the Hong Kong lot and with only spasmodic sales of 150k I think they may even hesitate momentarily.Balance and Moosie will probably surface but they have been a little more lenient of late after Moosie was castigated and Balance sold some PEB .The Senior Executives may have become a little more junior after this appointment...cheers

J R Ewing
09-09-2014, 02:52 PM
I just did a little research on Bob Mohan. He seems to have been based in Googles Sydney office, so maybe "leading the merger and acquisition efforts for more than 130 acquisitions such as Android, DoubleClick and YouTube" is a bit of a stretch.

J R Ewing
09-09-2014, 02:54 PM
My understanding was that the recent sellers may have been the Hong Kong lot and with only spasmodic sales of 150k I think they may even hesitate momentarily.Balance and Moosie will probably surface but they have been a little more lenient of late after Moosie was castigated and Balance sold some PEB .The Senior Executives may have become a little more junior after this appointment...cheers

Moosie won't be raining on your parade, he is gone along with his posts. Maybe he will come back in another incarnation - I hope so :)

bull....
09-09-2014, 02:55 PM
chart wise double bottom daily at 7c and weekly shows a lower low so maybe bullish but who knows its thinly traded

Copper
09-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Moosie won't be raining on your parade, he is gone along with his posts. Maybe he will come back in another incarnation - I hope so :)

Thanks JR... I thought something was missing when I went to look back at a few posts and couldn't find anything.I had him stuck in a swamp the other day but he no doubt will be rescued and hopefully return refreshed ....

Cobber
09-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I just did a little research on Bob Mohan. He seems to have been based in Googles Sydney office, so maybe "leading the merger and acquisition efforts for more than 130 acquisitions such as Android, DoubleClick and YouTube" is a bit of a stretch.

He started at Google in 2004 in the US. During his tenure in the US between 2004 and 2009, Google acquired YouTube, DoubleClick and Android (the big name acquisitions). He moved to Sydney in 2009.

Cobber
09-09-2014, 03:30 PM

Here's his bio straight from LinkedIn for his role at Google in the US :

Senior Manager - Finance M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) (https://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?title=Senior+Manager+-+Finance+M%26A+%28Mergers+%26+Acquisitions%29&trk=prof-exp-title)Google (https://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?company=Google&trk=prof-exp-company-name)May 2003 – June 2009 (6 years 2 months)• Owned all aspects of finance and accounting for acquisitions and strategic equity investments
• Recruited and managed a 15 person finance team focused on M&A transactions
• Finance lead for more than 130 M&A related transactions over a period of five years
• Key transactions: DoubleClick, YouTube, Android, Postini, Urchin, Google Maps & Earth
• Partnered closely with the Corporate Development and Corporate Securities Legal teams to review and comment on term sheets and definitive agreements during all transactions
• Developed an efficient process for servicing each transaction through the entire M&A lifecycle
• Performed financial due diligence on targets and integration planning for acquired entities
• Engaged and managed external providers of financial due diligence and valuation services
• Managed escrow and earn-out arrangements to address post-close transaction milestones
• Drafted acquisition and investment white papers to document the purpose, process, technical accounting, integration and prospective finance impacts of each transaction
• Owned technical accounting for IPR&D, goodwill, intangibles, investments and impairments
• Drafted internal controls & SOX process narratives, accounting policies and procedures
• Worked on the filing of Google’s 2004 S-1 registration statement (stock prospectus)
• Contributed to Google’s IPO process and related subsequent SEC filings: 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K
• Various general ledger, consolidation, reconciliation, budgeting and treasury duties

J R Ewing
09-09-2014, 03:48 PM
The resume Cobber posted has a bit more detail than I found. It sounds like a fairly extensive role on the financial side of M&A.

Harvey Specter
09-09-2014, 04:26 PM
That would be my question. Why has such a big swinging D___ decided to work for Snakk. Or course the standard PR response would be that he sees the potential blah blah blah.

If he was high up at the time of Google's IPO, he should be able to buy Snakk outright!

Having said that, he clearly has enough experience to be Snakks CFO so will be a welcome addition.

J R Ewing
09-09-2014, 04:30 PM
That would be my question. Why has such a big swinging D___ decided to work for Snakk. Or course the standard PR response would be that he sees the potential blah blah blah.

If he was high up at the time of Google's IPO, he should be able to buy Snakk outright!

Having said that, he clearly has enough experience to be Snakks CFO so will be a welcome addition.

Maybe he knows how to do a forecast, so there is something to measure results against going forward :)

winner69
09-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Growth slowing

Note the 'world class' management team has been downgraded to just 'fantastic'

With that Google guy coming on board management team been regarded as 'world class' or better

tim23
09-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Gee Harvey Spencer - he might buy them out after a while in the job, might think they are too cheap!

Cobber
09-09-2014, 07:38 PM
As moosie not here I'll play devils advocate.

The Stuff.co.nz website refers to him as a "Google Executive". It's not like he was on the board. He's just a former Google employee. He's not Ivy league and joined Google pretty young. Maybe he just got it through some connection or something. What he does is kinda vague. The announcement doesn't say what he's getting paid or what stock options he will get. It kinda looks like their trying to pump the stock before the AGM. He doesn't look like the Eric Schmidt type of guy, (not a smart nerd). Any announcement with the word Google in it was gonna create interested. Be a chance at the AMG to meet him so maybe things will be cleared up then.

Eric Schmidt?? Now I'm laughing. He was the guy you call in when you couldn't get Steve Jobs.

Cobber
09-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Gee Harvey Spencer - he might buy them out after a while in the job, might think they are too cheap!

He won't buy them out. Think bigger. He's the perfect guy to work out a Google acquisition strategy for Snakk. These are the types of companies Google buys. Media companies, with 50% gross margins in the mobile sector.

As Snakk grows, Google will be one of the few companies that could pay $100 million+ in cash.

Hence why Snakk is chasing Asia growth quickly.

boofters
10-09-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm going to guess Mr Mohan has joined the SNK crew, in part due to the Plan B ethos.
As we can assume he doesn't need to work for the paycheque. In saying that I also assume a healthy dose of options coming his way.

blah
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM
I guess there's not much point in speculating on the underlying motives of this guy. Whatever it is, I can't see it bad for shareholders moving forward. Wasn't planning on going to the AGM next week... but will reconsider now.

Copper
10-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I guess there's not much point in speculating on the underlying motives of this guy. Whatever it is, I can't see it bad for shareholders moving forward. Wasn't planning on going to the AGM next week... but will reconsider now.
I watched both videos today and I have to say ,personally they were damn good.Answered most of the questions that I had some query about.Even Moose and Balance would have been a little complimentary I think.....Onto the AGM not much more to answer there.IMHO.

Tony Two Gloves
15-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Go Snack! This company is doing so much better now Moosie has departed lol

SNK
15/09/2014 13:17
GENERAL

REL: 1317 HRS Snakk Media Limited

GENERAL: SNK: Snakk launches new division: Represent Media signs ESPN

SNK - UPDATE

15 September 2014

ESPN signed to new Snakk division called Represent Media
Advertisers can now access premium publisher titles for mobile ad campaigns
via new Snakk subsidiary

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, 15 September 2014 - Today Snakk Media (NZAX: SNK) has
launched Represent Media, a new wholly-owned subsidiary which sells
advertising space for premium publisher titles appearing on mobile apps and
websites. Represent Media has signed ESPN in its first exclusive mobile
advertising collaboration in the Australian market.

Represent Media will now sell the premium Australian mobile ad inventory
available on ESPN's leading mobile applications and websites. These include
well-known titles ESPN.com, ESPNcricinfo, ESPNScrum, ESPNF1, ESPNFC and
ESPNfootytips.

"Setting up a new division and securing a premium brand like ESPN is another
exciting moment in Snakk's relatively short history," says Snakk Group CEO
Mark Ryan.

"We are proud to work with ESPN. I'm confident the Represent Media team will
grow the business to include agreements with other premium publisher brands.
We'll be expanding the sales team within Australia, New Zealand and quickly
into Asia as demand is clearly strong in all these markets."

Represent Media will use the creative talent and best-of-breed smart screen
advertising technologies powered by Snakk Media, particularly those that
focus on sophisticated targeting to reach the right audience.

Jamie Hollebone will lead the subsidiary, which is based at Snakk's new Surry
Hills office space in Sydney. Mr Hollebone joins Represent Media as its
General Manager from Parramatta National Rugby League Club where he was head
of the company's brand and corporate sales. Before this he spent more than a
dozen years in online and traditional advertising with companies including
News Corp, MCN and Pacific Magazines.

ESPN Australia/NZ Director of Digital Products & Partnerships Lance Peatey
says the collaboration with Represent Media goes beyond solely generating
advertising revenue from its sizable and fast-growing mobile audience: "We
want to offer users of our mobile apps and websites an engaging way to
interact with the brands who advertise with us. Snakk shares our focus on
rich media and creative sponsorship solutions that will generate stronger
engagement and response rates for top-tier brands that advertise with our
industry-leading mobile properties."

Mr Ryan explains the decision to set up Represent Media as a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Snakk:
"It became clear that there hadn't been a new market entrant representing
premium publisher titles for several years, which is an eternity in our
industry. It's a different yet highly complementary business to Snakk. There
was an obvious demand for a fresh approach in market, and by leveraging the
existing expertise and skills within Snakk we felt we could offer something
new and different very cost-effectively."

How is Represent Media different from Snakk?
Snakk sells what's known in the ad industry as 'audience aggregation'
products, which means its ads are focussed on getting in front of the right
audience at the right place and time without favouring a particular mobile
app or websites nominated by the advertisers. Snakk ads appear across large
and diverse networks of mobile websites, apps and games as opposed to just
appearing on one specific publisher's mobile channels.

However, when a brand marketer wants to also advertise specifically within a
premium publisher, Represent Media can assist. By establishing exclusive
agreements to represent premium publishers, the newly formed division can
match an advertiser's request to a specific publisher's supply of available
ad space.

Both Snakk Media and Represent generate revenue from the advertiser paying to
use the ad space and the publishers serving the ad to its audiences.

-ENDS-

Kiwi
15-09-2014, 03:03 PM
This company could be another Xero? It wont be long until Google start taking notice. Maybe its time to buy stacks of Snakks.

sommelier
15-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Hold. Agm tomorrow. If you're confident after that, buy away. History has shown us that the SP drops in the fortnight after AGM. So if it doesn't blow you away, wait a couple of weeks and get them at that bargain sub-9c

Cobber
15-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Go Snack! This company is doing so much better now Moosie has departed lol

SNK
15/09/2014 13:17
GENERAL

REL: 1317 HRS Snakk Media Limited

GENERAL: SNK: Snakk launches new division: Represent Media signs ESPN

SNK - UPDATE

15 September 2014

ESPN signed to new Snakk division called Represent Media
Advertisers can now access premium publisher titles for mobile ad campaigns
via new Snakk subsidiary

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, 15 September 2014 - Today Snakk Media (NZAX: SNK) has
launched Represent Media, a new wholly-owned subsidiary which sells
advertising space for premium publisher titles appearing on mobile apps and
websites. Represent Media has signed ESPN in its first exclusive mobile
advertising collaboration in the Australian market.

Represent Media will now sell the premium Australian mobile ad inventory
available on ESPN's leading mobile applications and websites. These include
well-known titles ESPN.com, ESPNcricinfo, ESPNScrum, ESPNF1, ESPNFC and
ESPNfootytips.

"Setting up a new division and securing a premium brand like ESPN is another
exciting moment in Snakk's relatively short history," says Snakk Group CEO
Mark Ryan.

"We are proud to work with ESPN. I'm confident the Represent Media team will
grow the business to include agreements with other premium publisher brands.
We'll be expanding the sales team within Australia, New Zealand and quickly
into Asia as demand is clearly strong in all these markets."

Represent Media will use the creative talent and best-of-breed smart screen
advertising technologies powered by Snakk Media, particularly those that
focus on sophisticated targeting to reach the right audience.

Jamie Hollebone will lead the subsidiary, which is based at Snakk's new Surry
Hills office space in Sydney. Mr Hollebone joins Represent Media as its
General Manager from Parramatta National Rugby League Club where he was head
of the company's brand and corporate sales. Before this he spent more than a
dozen years in online and traditional advertising with companies including
News Corp, MCN and Pacific Magazines.

ESPN Australia/NZ Director of Digital Products & Partnerships Lance Peatey
says the collaboration with Represent Media goes beyond solely generating
advertising revenue from its sizable and fast-growing mobile audience: "We
want to offer users of our mobile apps and websites an engaging way to
interact with the brands who advertise with us. Snakk shares our focus on
rich media and creative sponsorship solutions that will generate stronger
engagement and response rates for top-tier brands that advertise with our
industry-leading mobile properties."

Mr Ryan explains the decision to set up Represent Media as a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Snakk:
"It became clear that there hadn't been a new market entrant representing
premium publisher titles for several years, which is an eternity in our
industry. It's a different yet highly complementary business to Snakk. There
was an obvious demand for a fresh approach in market, and by leveraging the
existing expertise and skills within Snakk we felt we could offer something
new and different very cost-effectively."

How is Represent Media different from Snakk?
Snakk sells what's known in the ad industry as 'audience aggregation'
products, which means its ads are focussed on getting in front of the right
audience at the right place and time without favouring a particular mobile
app or websites nominated by the advertisers. Snakk ads appear across large
and diverse networks of mobile websites, apps and games as opposed to just
appearing on one specific publisher's mobile channels.

However, when a brand marketer wants to also advertise specifically within a
premium publisher, Represent Media can assist. By establishing exclusive
agreements to represent premium publishers, the newly formed division can
match an advertiser's request to a specific publisher's supply of available
ad space.

Both Snakk Media and Represent generate revenue from the advertiser paying to
use the ad space and the publishers serving the ad to its audiences.

-ENDS-

It could be a smart move. Publishers are being forced to connect with ad exchanges for advertising - which is a race to the bottom. A glut of inventory at near stupid CPM rates.

Snakk has enough volume now to push through premium publishers in return for exclusive relationships. It's a win-win for both camps.

Question is how quickly can they grow the list of premium publishers. Those relationships are potentially worth gold as you're guaranteed the sale since you're the only company that can book the space.

It's good to see building blocks being implemented by Snakk that move them away from the rest of the industry. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Cobber
15-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Hold. Agm tomorrow. If you're confident after that, buy away. History has shown us that the SP drops in the fortnight after AGM. So if it doesn't blow you away, wait a couple of weeks and get them at that bargain sub-9c

Agreed.

I reckon Snakk is still at least 12 months away from a take off. And it won't be Xero like either.

Copper
15-09-2014, 03:39 PM
What we haven't seen this time around is the constant large selling from insiders and other hangers on.The other day a few 150k lots,probably out of Hong Kong and that's been it.News has been better than supply of stock.If Derek's AWOL and Moosie is still in the forest ,then we may have a new playing field.The AGM wIll definitely be the key,only hope is someone we respect is there to look them in the eye.....and give us the goss.....

Copper
15-09-2014, 03:49 PM
To those people who know these things.If Snakk went to 15 cents or 20 cents is there some comparable yardstick or Companies that can be compared for market cap etc and whether Snakk are grossly overpriced or just marginally so. This is a pure theoretical question to someone with the knowledge.Many tks..".

Balance
15-09-2014, 04:29 PM
To those people who know these things.If Snakk went to 15 cents or 20 cents is there some comparable yardstick or Companies that can be compared for market cap etc and whether Snakk are grossly overpriced or just marginally so. This is a pure theoretical question to someone with the knowledge.Many tks..".

More like going down to 5c soon when they raise capital so make your comparison with that.

Tony Two Gloves
15-09-2014, 04:59 PM
More like going down to 5c soon when they raise capital so make your comparison with that.

Looks like Moosie has borrowed Balance's login.......

Copper
15-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Looks like Moosie has borrowed Balance's login.......

Yep....They usually arrived together so may have been merged.....Balance always answers a question with a negative comment always at a tangent.Thought we had lost him to the WHS and NZO.......Alas.....

Hawkeye
16-09-2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11325177

your all aware of it, but now the media has cottoned on

Tony Two Gloves
16-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Yep....They usually arrived together so may have been merged.....Balance always answers a question with a negative comment always at a tangent.Thought we had lost him to the WHS and NZO.......Alas.....
We live in hope!

Moosie was painful, he was so bullish on SNK and loved that he got to pick up additional shares at 0.12 in the Capital Raising, then when it started to go south he advised he had sold at a small profit??? Since then it has been major bagging of the Company and Handley, glad he has moved on as it derailed the thread. Did I read somewhere on the XRO thread that someone but shares at $42 because Moosie said they would never be cheaper - bugger! Anyway feeling good about SNK as it touches 0.11 cents, onwards and upwards.

whatsup
16-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Anyone out there going to todays meeting, should be interesting to say the least ?

Cobber
16-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Anyone out there going to todays meeting, should be interesting to say the least ?

Mark Ryan forecasting $12 million in revenue for the current financial year was the key takeaway for me.

Handley confronted accusations of selling head on which was nice. He hasn't sold anything since January, and as stated, he told shareholders prior to selling what he was doing.

On the whole, I'm very happy with how they are executing and quite excited about the journey going forward.

My 2 cents worth.

winner69
16-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Mark Ryan forecasting $12 million in revenue for the current financial year was the key takeaway for me.

Handley confronted accusations of selling head on which was nice. He hasn't sold anything since January, and as stated, he told shareholders prior to selling what he was doing.

On the whole, I'm very happy with how they are executing and quite excited about the journey going forward.

My 2 cents worth.

That's 70% annual growth ....good

Growth rate decay rate only 20% ......good

But a fantastic world class management team dealing with the likes of Thomson Reuters and ESPN one might have expected more?

see weed
16-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I went to last years meeting. Boy that year went fast. They had a small band and a singer there and beer and wine and a bit of food. But I am not a share holder of snakk now. So will not be there.

Cobber
16-09-2014, 10:01 PM
I went to last years meeting. Boy that year went fast. They had a small band and a singer there and beer and wine and a bit of food. But I am not a share holder of snakk now. So will not be there.

It was great to see less grumpy old men in woolly jumpers this year and more young men in suits.

The crowd this year seemed to understand Snakk's business whereas last year I felt the shareholders were simply looking for another Xero without any real understanding of what Snakk did.

Dentie
17-09-2014, 07:00 AM
That's 70% annual growth ....good

Growth decay rate only 20% ......good

But a fantastic world class management team dealing with the likes of Thomson Reuters and ESPN one might have expected more?

Hi Winner,

For my ongoing education, can you please help me understand what you mean by a "growth decay rate"? Does it mean the annual growth is declining by 20%?

Thank you.

Balance
17-09-2014, 07:29 AM

Really?

Check the records and that is the last thing it shows!

Came as a huge shock to other shareholders (especially Moose who was in close contact with the company and a huge cheerleader at that time) when it was disclosed that Handley was selling shares.

So much for Team B ethos.

winner69
17-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Hi Winner,

For my ongoing education, can you please help me understand what you mean by a "growth rate rate"? Does it mean the annual growth is declining by 20%?

Thank you.

Correct

The 20% is FY15 growth of 73% compared to FY14of 91%

If this growth rate decay persisted expect expect about 60% growth in FY16 and so on.

Often expressed as say 80% - ie growth rate is 80% of previous year

Also more meaningful when growth rates over more than 1 year is used - like compounding growth over 2 or 3 years. But SNK or been around that long.

Still amazing growth growth eh.

At these rates well in excess of $40m revenues in FY17

What price then

Pp

Dentie
17-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Correct

If this growth rate decay persisted expect expect about 60% growth in FY16 and so on.

Also more meaningful when growth rates over more than 1 year is used - like compounding growth over 2 or 3 years. But SNK or been around that long.

What price then

Pp

Thanks again Winner - much appreciated!!

In4a$
17-09-2014, 08:52 AM

My 2 cents worth.

Thanks for posting Cobber, makes me feel a bit more relaxed about my holding.

Harvey Specter
17-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Really?

Came as a huge shock to other shareholders (especially Moose who was in close contact with the company and a huge cheerleader at that time) when it was disclosed that Handley was selling shares.

So much for Team B ethos.My recollection is he said he was transfering his shares to his charitiable trust. While he did do that, he also sold some on market which he didn't make known at the time.

Balance
17-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting Cobber, makes me feel a bit more relaxed about my holding.

Yes indeed you must feel more relaxed - "Handley confronted accusations of selling head on which was nice. He hasn't sold anything since January, and as stated, he told shareholders prior to selling what he was doing." Breath taking in its audacity!

see weed
17-09-2014, 09:59 AM
It was great to see less grumpy old men in woolly jumpers this year and more young men in suits.

The crowd this year seemed to understand Snakk's business whereas last year I felt the shareholders were simply looking for another Xero without any real understanding of what Snakk did.

Please don't be too harsh on us poor old mortgage free, no debt what so ever woolly jumpers with lots of money to invest in small company's , to help out a whole lot of young people in suits with little smart phones running around in circles talking to their hands.........But I suppose thats the future. Good luck anyway snakk holders. Not for me at the moment, got a bit burnt last time.

sommelier
17-09-2014, 10:02 AM
"At these rates well in excess of $40m revenues in FY17"

73% this year, then 58.4% next year then 46.7% in 2017, based on the $12m figure that gives me $28.3m for full year 2017. With my cost estimates that is a $3.4m profit in 2017. Easily bullish enough for me to hold and I will be buying more if it drops under ~9.5 again, but that would be surprising with this ESPN thing propping up our confidence. Still forecast a $1.06m loss this year (my figures, not Marks) so will be trading to the anouncement schedule with an eye to accumulating.

Cobber
17-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Really?

So much for Team B ethos.

Are you implying that he has sold more shares since January this year?

I mean calling the chairman a liar based on comments he made at an AGM is a significant accusation.

I'd like to see your proof.

Cobber
17-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Please don't be too harsh on us poor old mortgage free, no debt what so ever woolly jumpers with lots of money to invest in small company's , to help out a whole lot of young people in suits with little smart phones running around in circles talking to their hands.........But I suppose thats the future. Good luck anyway snakk holders. Not for me at the moment, got a bit burnt last time.

haha... the great thing about the woolly jumpers is that when Handley says no more questions, they stand up and yell out their question anyway, which then has to be answered.... so I do have a lot of admiration for you chaps :)

J R Ewing
17-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Correct

What price then

Pp

I suspect that will depend on whether the market is prepared to value this on a multiple of sales, or whether a multiple of earnings is then regarded as more prudent. If the latter, then the growth in expenses will need to be taken into account.

sharp
17-09-2014, 11:07 AM
haha... the great thing about the woolly jumpers is that when Handley says no more questions, they stand up and yell out their question anyway, which then has to be answered.... so I do have a lot of admiration for you chaps :)

Claps to the old-ish guy last night in his grey shirt, asking incoherently why Mark was utilising his options and Derek selling down his shares.

Expecting SP to drop over the next few days (as it has done in the past) followed by an announcement - as Mark indicated, I am expecting another good announcement to be made in the coming weeks.

sharp
17-09-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1409/S00582/snakk-mulls-employee-shares-in-remuneration-packages.htm

This can only point to an ASX listing - which would improve stock liquidity for SNK.

My bets are on ASX listing announcement by end of the year. My two cents.

Balance
17-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Are you implying that he has sold more shares since January this year?

I mean calling the chairman a liar based on comments he made at an AGM is a significant accusation.

I'd like to see your proof.

No point being snaky with me for stating the obvious.

As was written : "as stated, he told shareholders prior to selling what he was doing".

Proven fact - he sold without telling shareholders or the market.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8953-Snakk/page131

Now let's see you respond to the facts - rather than simply mouthing off whatever you are fed by Snakk. Moose learnt the hard way not to take anything they say at face value. Lost him a lot of mana and credibility.

Balance
17-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Cobber has gone very quiet.

Strange that.

Dentie
17-09-2014, 04:29 PM
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/snakk-mulls-employee-shares-remuneration-packages-bd-162511

Excellent to see!

Pity a lot of other business owners don't do the same.

Balance
17-09-2014, 04:44 PM
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/snakk-mulls-employee-shares-remuneration-packages-bd-162511

Excellent to see!

Pity a lot of other business owners don't do the same.

I like the comment - 'Issue shares to employees while the promoters, directors and Chairman are selling."

sharp
17-09-2014, 04:49 PM
I like the comment - 'Issue shares to employees while the promoters, directors and Chairman are selling."

Are they selling now? What bias have you got against Snakk and Derek?

I am very curious to see why you have such negativity.

jonu
17-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Are they selling now? What bias have you got against Snakk and Derek?

I am very curious to see why you have such negativity.

You need to do some back reading on this thread Sharp. Balance has good reason, as does anyone who looks at snakk in an objective manner to start with.

Xerof
17-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Ahem, was this the 'moment of truth' event held in Auckland recently?

Copper
17-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Balance you usually have the shareholder movements at your fingertips.In the last few months have the promoters,directors and Chairman been selling.I would like to know personally if you have the figures or some indication.

Dentie
17-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Sorry Balance - I was merely commenting on them giving employees the opportunity to own shares. I think this is a very positive move. I did this in my own business and have never had more engaged/productive staff.

I couldn't care less about the rest of it. A bit like those other clowns using the election for their own self interest - a clumsy attempt at trying to overthrow our democracy....makes me want to vote National even more!

Balance
17-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Sorry Balance - I was merely commenting on them giving employees the opportunity to own shares. I think this is a very positive move. I did this in my own business and have never had more engaged/productive staff.

I couldn't care less about the rest of it. A bit like those other clowns using the election for their own self interest - a clumsy attempt at trying to overthrow our democracy....makes me want to vote National even more!

Agreed Dentie.

Cheers.

Cobber
18-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Cobber has gone very quiet.

Strange that.

Sorry Balance, but reasoning with you is a race to the bottom.

It's pointless and achieves nothing.

Harvey Specter
18-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Who's been posting comments to the NBR? Balance?

Balance
18-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Sorry Balance, but reasoning with you is a race to the bottom.

It's pointless and achieves nothing.

That's okay - if you cannot handle facts and the truth, then you are already wallowing at the bottom. Only trying to give you a helping hand up.

As was written : "as stated, he told shareholders prior to selling what he was doing".

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...-Snakk/page131

Now let's see you respond to the facts - rather than simply mouthing off whatever you are fed by Snakk. Moose learnt the hard way not to take anything they say at face value. Lost him a lot of mana and credibility.

Harvey Specter
18-09-2014, 09:32 AM

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...-Snakk/page131.You need to link to the post number, not the page. I have adjusted teh number of posts per page so only have 91 pages of SNK, hence it cant find your reference to page 131.

Under Surveillance
18-09-2014, 09:48 AM
You need to link to the post number, not the page. I have adjusted teh number of posts per page so only have 91 pages of SNK, hence it cant find your reference to page 131.
Your post reminds me of the mother, observing her son on the parade ground, saying "Oh look, my Johnny is the only one in step".

sharp
18-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Arguments on this forum are forlorn and pitiful. It appears this Snakk forum does not promote a healthy discussion but rather hatred toward Snakk, Sorenson and Derek and one's need for a ego-boost. Why so much hate?

Balance
18-09-2014, 09:55 AM
You need to link to the post number, not the page. I have adjusted teh number of posts per page so only have 91 pages of SNK, hence it cant find your reference to page 131.

Start at Post 1959.

Moose's reaction was a classic hoof in the mouth reaction - he praised Derek profusely for donating shares, without actually reading the announcement. Probably because he was given a thumbs up beforehand that it was going to happen.

Then, he was directed to the announcement and found to his horror that his idol Derek had been selling shares and intended to sell more!

The rest, as they say, is history with Moose feeling like his antlers had been cut off when the mating season was in full swing!

"Originally Posted by moosie_900

Man you guys are scathing no matter what! The man donated some shares in a growing company that will keep accruing in value (hopefully!). Handley has always stated he is committed to his charities. be glad there are still people like this left in the world!

He had to announce this because it affects his shareholding significantly. If not a gossip column would have started saying "why is Handley selling? Sell sell sell!"

Copper
18-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Arguments on this forum are forlorn and pitiful. It appears this Snakk forum does not promote a healthy discussion but rather hatred toward Snakk, Sorenson and Derek and one's need for a ego-boost. Why so much hate?
Most of it started with Balance having some very strong opinion about back door listings and some people whether goodies or baddies that make a lot of money taking the shareholders for a ride.Nothing wrong with that opinion.Then we had Moosie arguing firstly in favour of the Company and later on took the opposite view and sided with Balance.Those two together were like caged lions.Moosie has since departed probably for business and employment reasons IMHO and that has left Balance to carry on.Balance to give him his due fights the good fight and is usually correct but seems to have such a thick skin and lack of sense of humour as to have been labelled at times a total bore.
If you ignore Balance and reactions to him you can often find some interesting stuff on the thread.Especially recently.I personally think things are getting better but you need a tough skin and a good sense of humour to navigate this thread.It can get a little like PEB on a bad day.
Just a personal opinion and hope it helps.
regards C.

sharp
18-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Most of it started with Balance having some very strong opinion about back door listings and some people whether goodies or baddies that make a lot of money taking the shareholders for a ride.Nothing wrong with that opinion.Then we had Moosie arguing firstly in favour of the Company and later on took the opposite view and sided with Balance.Those two together were like caged lions.Moosie has since departed probably for business and employment reasons IMHO and that has left Balance to carry on.Balance to give him his due fights the good fight and is usually correct but seems to have such a thick skin and lack of sense of humour as to have been labelled at times a total bore.
If you ignore Balance and reactions to him you can often find some interesting stuff on the thread.Especially recently.I personally think things are getting better but you need a tough skin and a good sense of humour to navigate this thread.It can get a little like PEB on a bad day.
Just a personal opinion and hope it helps.
regards C.

Appreciate the summary. Then now, could we all move on to discussion regarding how this company sits relative to its competitors mainly in Australia and whether there is a justification for the SP to decrease or increase over the coming months and where this company sits in terms of long-term prospects.

In short, should we be investing in Snakk?

Copper
18-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Appreciate the summary. Then now, could we all move on to discussion regarding how this company sits relative to its competitors mainly in Australia and whether there is a justification for the SP to decrease or increase over the coming months and where this company sits in terms of long-term prospects.

In short, should we be investing in Snakk?
I watched a couple of videos that the Company put up on its site a few days back.The one featuring Mark Ryan gave an interesting insight from his perspective.You may want to start with that and make your own assumptions.This is a start up and historical research is not on.There does not appear on this thread any highly negative comment on what they are doing currently .Its speculative and as long as you can keep a balanced view( no pun intended) you may get some direction...cheers

Radler
18-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Good summary regarding the transactions is now available for all without having to trawl through screeds of ravings on here.

axe
18-09-2014, 11:31 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/255388

Tony Two Gloves
18-09-2014, 11:39 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/255388

Thanks Axe, hopefully that clears all this up!

Harvey Specter
18-09-2014, 11:47 AM
What does this mean, lol?He still has more to be transferred to the foundation since he has indicated 10% will be moved there eventually.

But yes, it could also mean futher on-market transactions.

Another issue is the foundation is a blackhole (annual reporting??). I wonder if he is dripfeeding in there so that they aren't caught by SSH requirements. As such, they are able to sell the shares as they wish to fund their 'projects' which I understand includes his two shouldertap employees.

Copper
18-09-2014, 11:56 AM
He still has more to be transferred to the foundation since he has indicated 10% will be moved there eventually.

But yes, it could also mean futher on-market transactions.

Another issue is the foundation is a blackhole (annual reporting??). I wonder if he is dripfeeding in there so that they aren't caught by SSH requirements. As such, they are able to sell the shares as they wish to fund their 'projects' which I understand includes his two shouldertap employees.
The fact that he had to front up and publicly explain the movements ,brought on by a lot of background persuasion has the effect of a good kick up the B...IMHO...I feel things are hopefully going to be a bit more transparent under a hardened Aussie CEO....

Balance
18-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Derek cannot bring himself to admit that he sold shares in December 2013 - just read the sentence in his clarification :

"It was also noted a reduction totalling 1,466,187 had already taken place, on market, leaving interests associated with FEAT at 41,132,634 (as at Jan 13th 2014)".

In layman's terms, he sold shares on the market - no point using words like transfer and reduction.

According to Cobber, Derek stated at the AGM that he only sold shares after advising the market beforehand.

Excerpt from Cobber's post : "Handley confronted accusations of selling head on which was nice. He hasn't sold anything since January, and as stated, he told shareholders prior to selling what he was doing."

If anyone can see any reference to that advice before hand - please enlighten us.

Otherwise, someone was lying.

axe
18-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Balance, I thought you had previously indicated that during this year he had continued to sell? (based on shareholder lists)

Is derek misinforming everyone at the AGM and the notice posted today?

Copper
18-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Balance, I thought you had previously indicated that during this year he had continued to sell? (based on shareholder lists)

Is derek misinforming everyone at the AGM and the notice posted today?

I think Balance just made one of his sweeping statements on selling by everybody.It's that lot in January that Handley didn't mention that's causing the problem.I personally think that the playing field has a few more tougher referees this time around....Handley has been brought to account so to speak and would absolutely hate that...I think shareholder pressure ,a forceful CEO and bloggers have won this round.

Xerof
18-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Balance 2, Handley 0, and the antlered one scored an own goal

winner69
18-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Derek might be a bit peeved he didn't get a mention in Naomi Klein's latest book

His mentor Richard got heaps

Balance
18-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Balance 2, Handley 0, and the antlered one scored an own goal

I know it is going to sound insincere but I take little pleasure in taking the likes of Derek to task.

Those who hold themselves out as being special and having high ideals must abide by a higher standard and be accountable for what they say they are and what they will do.

Read the statement again - he cannot bring himself to admit he is sold shares!

I would take greater pleasure, delight and satisfaction in seeing people like Derek do the right things - walk the talk, create real opportunities for the youngsters coming through and stretch the limits to achieve and inspire.

Snow Leopard
18-09-2014, 02:42 PM
I know it is going to sound insincere but I take little pleasure in taking the likes of Derek to task.

It so does, anyway it has cheered my day up no end, thanks.

So the bigges:
Q: What precisely did he say at the 2013 AGM?
A: We will probably never know.

Q: Should he have been issuing Disclosure Notices and did not?
A: It certainly looks like it.

Q: Would it not have been a very useful thing to may be have had some sort of actual apology for having confused people.?
A: It would have been easy enough to do and does not cost a lot.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: No SNK

sommelier
18-09-2014, 02:48 PM
The disclosure notice issued today regarding the transfer to Andrew Jacobs states :
"15. Number of securities held prior, set out by class and type (as required by regulation 8) 46,598,821
16. Number of securities subject to acquisition or disposal (as required by regulation 11(1)(b)) 2,000,000.17. Number of securities held now, set out by class and type (asrequired by regulation 6B or regulation 8) 42,598,821
"

I do wine, not maths, but maybe someone else can explain the 2,000,000 share disparity, especially when there is no mention of the transfer to the Handley Foundation in this document.

Xerof
18-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I agree 100% Balance. My post was supportive of your position on this, as evidenced by many similar posts in the early days. BTW, I see our old mate George appears to be in bother again, which reinforces the proposition that leopards do not or cannot change their spots.

Balance
18-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I agree 100% Balance. My post was supportive of your position on this, as evidenced by many similar posts in the early days. BTW, I see our old mate George appears to be in bother again, which reinforces the proposition that leopards do not or cannot change their spots.

Got that, Xerof, Thanks.

Copper
18-09-2014, 03:42 PM

If that's the same George as I think it is then it's getting as bad as the 1987 aftermath...cheers

robbo24
18-09-2014, 03:52 PM
If that's the same George as I think it is then it's getting as bad as the 1987 aftermath...cheers

Just thought I'd stop by to remind the wider community of the content of the Handley Foundation trust deed.

Even if the Handley Foundation did receive shares or money from Handley, he still controls it and can pay himself as a trustee/be or pay himself as a director of a company owned by the foundation/be or pay himself as an employee of a company owned by the foundation/buy and sell shares/etc etc etc with those funds.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking a transfer to the Handley Foundation is some big charitable feat. It is not. Whether it took place or not is irrelevant. He seemingly alienated himself of the interest yet is still able to profit/receive income from the same.

boofters
18-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Maybe Derek needing some cash? Geez guys lets move on...

blackcap
18-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Not the one residing in Sydney is it?

winner69
18-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Not the one residing in Sydney is it?

Apparently in London now ....more money over there

Copper
18-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Apparently in London now ....more money over there

I think we are on the same path.If Guernsey and the London Stock Exchange come into the equation then it probably is.

Swiftideas
18-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Maybe Derek needing some cash? Geez guys lets move on...

Couldn't agree more. Guy sold a few shares nearly a year ago. How many times do we need to recycle the same drivel?

Harvey Specter
19-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Couldn't agree more. Guy sold a few shares nearly a year ago. How many times do we need to recycle the same drivel?I agree, through the risk of it happening again does keep a cap on the price. SeaDragon now completely out, Sorenson must be low and Business Bakery will probably hold tight now so hopefully not an issue going forward.

They have had some good announcements recently, good growth so hopefully it is now unshackled.

One bitten, twice shy and all that though.

Harvey Specter
01-10-2014, 10:47 AM
No one interested in the new Edison report? They value it at 11c based on comps and 15c based on DCF

BFG
01-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Third report out now with the same (or less) valuation on increasing revenues? Something smells a bit fishy there...

blackcap
01-10-2014, 12:02 PM
No one interested in the new Edison report? They value it at 11c based on comps and 15c based on DCF

I would give Edison (and other reports) as much weight as I do my toilet paper. Edison also value CRP at about $1.70. Using that analogy, SNK should be trading at about 1 cent. :)

robbo24
01-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I would give Edison (and other reports) as much weight as I do my toilet paper. Edison also value CRP at about $1.70. Using that analogy, SNK should be trading at about 1 cent. :)

You imply that toilet paper has no value....... Although even you must admit that it's all fun and game until you run out :D

[Note: This is not an analogy about SNK]

blackcap
01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
You imply that toilet paper has no value....... Although even you must admit that it's all fun and game until you run out :D

[Note: This is not an analogy about SNK]

Haha I had not thought that one through properly. Yes toilet paper actually does have a lot of value.. especially when you realise that there is none left in the wc but you have already been sitting for a wee bit... :)

Dentie
01-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Agree...Edison reported on PEB yesterday and were about 27million short on the amount of shares on issue. They are going to "re-report".

whatsup
06-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Im very surprised that no one has made any comment of todays Edison's research write up on the Snakk investment story!!

BFG
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Im very surprised that no one has made any comment of todays Edison's research write up on the Snakk investment story!!

Check out the recent charts of stocks like MKB, MNW, MBE and Millenial Media. The boom phase passed Snakk by. Why buy into the bust phase of a horrendously manipulated stock with illiquidity? The fact that fresh faced investors and not old foogies turned up to Snakks last AGM speaks volumes.

sommelier
06-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Check out the recent charts of stocks like MKB, MNW, MBE and Millenial Media. The boom phase passed Snakk by. Why buy into the bust phase of a horrendously manipulated stock with illiquidity? The fact that fresh faced investors and not old foogies turned up to Snakks last AGM speaks volumes.

Buy when there's blood on the streets?

BFG
06-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Buy when there's blood on the streets?

https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MM&t=5y

Cobber
07-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Snakks next big milestone will be 2nd quarter revenue's. If they are to hit $12 million for this financial year, they have a lot of work to do. I'm figuring the following :

Q1 : $2 mill (confirmed)
Q2 : $3 mill (estimate)
Q3 : $4 mill (estimate)
Q4 : $3 mill (estimate)

Q3 will pretty much determine where they end up for the year. But with a heap of businesses now building responsive websites and with the new larger screens on iPhones.... I'm expecting to see a big shift in advertising $$'s to mobile.

The big loser will be press.

Balance
07-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Snakks next big milestone will be 2nd quarter revenue's. If they are to hit $12 million for this financial year, they have a lot of work to do. I'm figuring the following :

Q1 : $2 mill (confirmed)
Q2 : $3 mill (estimate)
Q3 : $4 mill (estimate)
Q4 : $3 mill (estimate)

Q3 will pretty much determine where they end up for the year. But with a heap of businesses now building responsive websites and with the new larger screens on iPhones.... I'm expecting to see a big shift in advertising $$'s to mobile.

The big loser will be press.

Big losers are really the suckers who bought into the hype and allowed the original shareholders and promoters to take their 2000% plus profits.

Cobber
08-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Big losers are really the suckers who bought into the hype and allowed the original shareholders and promoters to take their 2000% plus profits.

Here we go again.

#BrokenRecord

Balance
08-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Here we go again.

#BrokenRecord

The truth hurts, does it not?

Snakk is a start up, sold on hype and those who paid for the placement shares and bought off the fleeing promoters and directors did so for a company fully priced for any upside potential.

The company will be coming to shareholders and the market for more funds and capital. Problem is that the hype is gone - only the suckers remain.

see weed
08-10-2014, 05:31 PM
The truth hurts, does it not?

Snakk is a start up, sold on hype and those who paid for the placement shares and bought off the fleeing promoters and directors did so for a company fully priced for any upside potential.

The company will be coming to shareholders and the market for more funds and capital. Problem is that the hype is gone - only the suckers remain.

I think you may be right. I lost $7,625.75c on hype. That included fees and profits and losses. The plus side is, it was tax deductible. The big problem was not been able to sell freely on line but having to go through a broker at ASB.

tim23
08-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Isn't selling through a broker the only way to sell anyway unless you do an off market transfer?

axe
08-10-2014, 09:40 PM
ASB SEC does't seem to have the capacity to trade NZAX online, you have to place a phone order. I'm guessing thats what seeweed's issue is. Other than the associated hyping a dumping of snakk shares.

BFG
08-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Balances advice to Snakk shareholders (in simple song and lyrics so the young'uns who bought in can understand it and all...)

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

BFG
10-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Has Snakk hired a window dresser lately?

sommelier
10-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Nah too early in the day to call it that. And not consistent enough. Although you could be right given the buy depth.

silverblizzard888
13-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Capital raising on the cards.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/256740/media-firm-looking-for-new-capital

BFG
13-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Capital raising on the cards.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/256740/media-firm-looking-for-new-capital
After alienating the entire NZX investment community through dodgy trading, and just in time for the tech crash. Perfect timing boys! Does Handley want this to play out exactly like FeverPitch did in his autobiography or something???

sommelier
13-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Classic to wait until just after a valuation. Even if it is just ER. Still a holder.

silverblizzard888
13-10-2014, 09:58 PM
A lot of people may want to consider not being in this stock while capital raising begins. From my experience if the capital raising price is lower then you'll be seeing a big dip (could always come back and buy in dips), but if you think you will hold for the long term then in general the company is heading in a good area and price fluctuations wont affect you, but not likely anything significant returning into your wallets any time soon. DYOR

BFG
16-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Lots of support today. Drek, your timing is always epic. Keep it up :)

boofters
20-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Cmon' SPARK make a play for Dereks team, your competitors already agree its a must have...

Flushed
with cash and in the mood for acquisitions, Telstra has moved into the mobile
advertising business. Telstra Ventures has become a major investor in AdNear, a
Singapore based company that targets phone users based on their location.

DISC: 100% of my portfolio is SNK

Casino
20-10-2014, 11:50 AM

Not surprising given how hard it is to find value elsewhere.

BFG
20-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Cmon' SPARK make a play for Dereks team, your competitors already agree its a must have...

Flushed
with cash and in the mood for acquisitions, Telstra has moved into the mobile
advertising business. Telstra Ventures has become a major investor in AdNear, a
Singapore based company that targets phone users based on their location.

I pray for you that it does not end up like MNW (directors selling and all...)

Cobber
23-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Classic to wait until just after a valuation. Even if it is just ER. Still a holder.

The TIN100 list just came out and if you look at the bottom graphic of the Hottest Emerging Companies.... its interesting to see Snakk ahead of Vend.

http://techday.com/it-brief/news/nzs-hottest-tech-companies-revealed/190877/

With Vend being private its quite difficult to see where their revenue model is.... so this is a nice real world snapshot if nothing else.

BFG
26-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Handley on Q & A today being asked about selling shares. Wonder when he will start telling the truth and/or realise that everything he touches is now a poisoned chalice just like his good mate Dotcom? At least Dotcom had the cajones to man up and admit the fact after the election! Isn't it very funny that social media is working so vehemently against Handley while he supports it. Ah the universe, a great sense of humour you have sometimes! :)

BFG
26-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Haha beat ya to it Balance :p

BFG
01-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Handleys astro dreams going down in flames just like his pump and dump scheme:

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/62859671/virgin-galactic-spaceship-crashes-during-test-flight

robbo24
01-11-2014, 10:24 AM
But... No... He's an ASTRONAUT IN TRAINING!!

BFG
01-11-2014, 10:45 AM
NBR: "Mr Handley could not be reached for comment".

Too busy making up another scheme to sell into Snakk to fund another spaceship!

Harvey Specter
01-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Handleys astro dreams going down in flames just like his pump and dump scheme:

http://i.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/62859671/virgin-galactic-spaceship-crashes-during-test-flightFFS - someone died!

Dentie
01-11-2014, 02:06 PM
FFS - someone died!

I agree Harvey. Some are so infested with hate for DH - it appears to be consuming their own lives....at the expense of others. The trouble is, it appears to be being fuelled by disappointment (or feelings of guilt) for getting it wrong (in their eyes anyway) with this firm.

It is like a monotonous record of unwarranted hatred in perpetuity ..... getting sick of it actually.

How did that TV advert go ...."Let it go Michael...."

ari
05-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Interesting news, if I could only get my head around this new technology.........5 November 2014

Dear Snakk Followers,

It was a pleasure to meet a number of you at our Annual Meeting and evening #SnakkLive panel event in September.

Through a post-event survey, many attendees mentioned they had enjoyed the chance to see and hear from leaders in the industry, learn more about the opportunities in the mobile sector and meet some of the people and companies who do business with Snakk. For those that weren’t able to make it to the event, there is a full wrap-up available online including videos and photos from the evening. Simply go to http://investors.snakkmedia.com/2014-agm-2/.

Snakk develops new multi-screening product, “TV Sync”
The rise of “multi-screening”, where consumers simultaneously watch traditional broadcast TV and use mobile devices to interact with social networks or other digital media is presenting new opportunities for brand advertisers.

In response to this major consumer trend, Snakk has launched what we believe is a market-first use of new technology that enables brands to synchronise ads across multiple screens in real time. In simple terms, TV Sync uses newly developed software to detect a brand advertiser’s TV commercial as it is broadcast in real-time, and then delivers highly-targeted mobile ad campaigns into social newsfeeds at the same time on the consumer’s smartphone or tablet.

This is a genuinely exciting offering for the local mobile advertising market. It gives brands a new and effective way of interacting with consumers on their TV and across mobiles and tablets.

We have been working closely with several of our media agency partners to test and refine the technology, and it is now running live with a campaign via Vizeum and Peugeot in Australia. You can see the press release announcing the campaign is up and running here.

Snakk snaps up creative talent
This month, we hired our first Creative Director, Carlos Guedes. The highly-awarded Guedes has been working in the design and creative industries for almost 20 years, mostly in Europe, with top digital agencies including JWT, Isobar and Havas. His work has been awarded internationally, and he’s shaped the digital communication strategies for iconic brands such as Vodafone, McDonald’s, Lipton, Nokia, Kit Kat and MTV.

Mr Guedes moved to Australia from Portugal earlier this year, and we brought him on board within a few months of his arrival. His wealth of experience in highly competitive overseas markets will benefit our customers across ANZ and Asia, and his creative talents will complement what Snakk and Represent Media offer brand advertisers and premium publishers. He will work closely with Irini Jordan, our digital operations specialist formerly of Ogilvy Australia, who has herself delivered award-winning work for Qantas, Amex, Telstra, Audi, Nestle and more. Together they’re a rare combination and a fantastic leadership team within our creative division.

As smartphone screen sizes increase and the popularity of tablets continues to grow, the number of new creative formats that make the most of these screens is also increasing rapidly. Brand advertisers can now move beyond the traditional display banner ads and be creative with their mobile advertising campaigns in ways that simply weren’t possible just a couple of years ago.

In the last 18 months, Snakk Media has gained creative honours at the 2014 MMA APAC Awards, the 2014 Mobile Media Summit, the 2013 IAB Mixx Awards and the 2013 Media Federation of Australia Mobile Awards. In the new role of Creative Director, Guedes is tasked with exceeding these results for our brand advertisers throughout the APAC region.

Snakk joins New Zealand Fast50 list again
Snakk once again made the list of New Zealand’s fastest growing companies. Last year we placed 6th on the Deloitte Fast50 index with a growth rate of 486.3% calculated over the three years from 2011 to March 2013. It is not that common for a company to make the list more than once, and we are very humbled to be among the Fast50 for a second year running.

Send us your questions - Next in CEO video series coming up
As always, we welcome your feedback so send any questions or comments you have for me or the team to investors@snakkmedia.com. We’ll feature some of these questions in the second instalment of our new CEO video series, due to be released later this year.

And as always, we thank you for your support,

Mark

Mark Ryan
Group CEO
Snakk Media

Dentie
05-11-2014, 06:28 PM
That sounds like the most ANNOYING invention ever. People use their mobiles because they are not constrained by ads (most of the time). So now your TV is going to talk to your mobile and say "Hey! You can't ignore me! I'm going to play the ads on your phone as well!". Sounds like Satan himself came up with that invention!

I've also noticed a sneaking in of "new personnel hired" every time new revenue sources are made. These "world class" people also require world class pay don't forget. The only winners of this backdoor debacle will be the wage earners getting a paycheque as long as the cash keeps burning and the CEO who insists on selling down.

Gone deathly silent on the Asian expansion and ASX listing hype as well. Running into a lot more roadblocks than anticipated are we? No one in their right mind in NZ wants to sponsor Snakk after the last debacle, and their is nowhere near enough liquidity/dumb investors in Oz to get an ASX listing. You can thank Mr Handley for that one in alienating themselves from the entire investment community!

Meanwhile, I can hear that cashpile burning...

Man - you really have it bad don't you? It is not healthy for you to be carrying all this negative stuff personally on your own shoulders. Your ongoing comments seem to suggest you are still feeling great guilt for hyping this firm up at the start - with your followers buying in. Then along with all the negative comments .... the SP took a deep dive. Sounds like some of your followers might still be holding....

At least SNK employees & management are doing something to create revenue and not moping around. I am glad they are hiring AFTER the revenue has been ma de and not before...otherwise the pile of cash would be evaporating more quickly than it is. Damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario going on here.

If you've got nothing constructive to say...and you aren't holding any shares in SNK....why say anything at all? Let holders DTOR.

Swiftideas
05-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Product release made the news anyway.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/62954342/Kiwi-technology-synchs-advertising

Sounds interesting from what I can tell. Mobile ads in synch with TV ads? Makes sense to me.
As it stands I've got to put up with both either way. May as well make them work together.

BFG
05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Let's see what the future brings eh? ;)

couta1
05-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Must be time to publish a book titled confessions of a former snakk holder with a chapter dedicated to the former snakk cult leader the very reverend Moosie.

BFG
05-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Must be time to publish a book titled confessions of a former snakk holder with a chapter dedicated to the former snakk cult leader the very reverend Moosie.

There's more chapters coming up real soon mate. No time to publish right now ;)

blackcap
05-11-2014, 07:05 PM
There's more chapters coming up real soon mate. No time to publish right now ;)

Come on BFG.. spill the beans :) What is it you know that we do not?

BFG
05-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Come on BFG.. spill the beans :) What is it you know that we do not?

Stay tuned :)

Balance
05-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Man - you really have it bad don't you? It is not healthy for you to be carrying all this negative stuff personally on your own shoulders. Your ongoing comments seem to suggest you are still feeling great guilt for hyping this firm up at the start - with your followers buying in. Then along with all the negative comments .... the SP took a deep dive. Sounds like some of your followers might still be holding....

At least SNK employees & management are doing something to create revenue and not moping around. I am glad they are hiring AFTER the revenue has been ma de and not before...otherwise the pile of cash would be evaporating more quickly than it is. Damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario going on here.

If you've got nothing constructive to say...and you aren't holding any shares in SNK....why say anything at all? Let holders DTOR.

Hang on to your boots there, cowboy!

BFG is perfectly entitled to make comments, positive or negative - whether it is constructive or not depends on the readers.

I agree with him that there's nothing more annoying than to have ads coming on mobiles - bad enough watching them on TVs without them intruding on mobiles.

Meanwhile, the company is going to need more capital sooner than later - holders and investors need to be mindful of that.

axe
05-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Balance your "balanced" insights are far superior to anything I have seen from BFG. Im my view BFG lost all credibility when he had a go at DH using the Virgin Galactic thing as fuel.
As harvey put it very aptly. "FFS Someone died"

I like your posts Balance because you base them in facts .:)
Also,I haven't seen you post the shareholdings list recently for snakk. I imagine it would be an interesting read.

robbo24
05-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Balance your "balanced" insights are far superior to anything I have seen from BFG. Im my view BFG lost all credibility when he had a go at DH using the Virgin Galactic thing as fuel.
As harvey put it very aptly. "FFS Someone died"

I like your posts Balance because you base them in facts .:)
Also,I haven't seen you post the shareholdings list recently for snakk. I imagine it would be an interesting read.

axe, I find your position of moral integrity very interesting.

According to your post on the Coca Cola thread, you hold it: "Results of Strategic Review out today. 93 Page PDF very interesting read. DISC hold." You are aware that millions of children's teeth are rotting as a result of Coca Cola, right? That millions of adults suffer morbid obesity and even death as a result of Coca Cola, right? Yet you hold the stock and have the audacity to confront BFG for merely referring to the Virgin crash. You have fatty, sugary blood on your hands and you try to make a moral point against BFG...

And you talk of credibility...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Harvey Specter
05-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I agree with him that there's nothing more annoying than to have ads coming on mobiles - bad enough watching them on TVs without them intruding on mobiles.

You obviously haven't seen Sony' s latest patent. Requires you to jump up and yell the name of the advertiser to stop the ad!

BFG
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
You obviously haven't seen Sony' s latest patent. Requires you to jump up and yell the name of the advertiser to stop the ad!
Making a user become actively aware of an ad is much more effective than displaying an ad and hoping for something more than passive indifference. Interesting use of psychology.

blackcap
05-11-2014, 10:31 PM

" You are aware that millions of children's teeth are rotting as a result of Coca Cola, right? That millions of adults suffer morbid obesity and even death as a result of Coca Cola, right? D

Whoops I did not know coke was that dangerous as I drink coke occasionally and now I am really worried. Are my teeth going to rot and am I going to become morbidly obese?. Thanks for the warning....... hopefully I am in time.... I shall refrain from taking this poison in future :)

Dentie
06-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Hang on to your boots there, cowboy!

BFG is perfectly entitled to make comments, positive or negative - whether it is constructive or not depends on the readers.

Meanwhile, the company is going to need more capital sooner than later - holders and investors need to be mindful of that.

Oh, so it's actually the firms modus operandi or taxable activity that's the problem now....which has been known from the start (even though some seemed to struggle with that in the early stages). I suppose that is a change from the personal attacks on DH & Co.

So, what was the reason for the initial excitement about getting into this stock again Balance?

You could apply these personal attacks and criticism against a lot of other stocks as well ...as already seen on here already ...coca cola...then there's energy stocks...retirement villages...agriculturals.....fast foods....casino's.....

No problem with the comments (good or bad)....but why bother if you are not holding? What's the motivation otherwise?

blackcap
06-11-2014, 07:48 AM
No problem with the comments (good or bad)....but why bother if you are not holding? What's the motivation otherwise?

Interesting point you make there Dentie. But I also would like to know, what is the motivation if you are holding for commenting on stocks. In the greater scheme of things it does not matter if one is holding or not. I mean if one is positive about a stock they are holding that could be construed as "ramping" dare I say it if the motivation is to get the stock to go up because of ones comments. I think it would be a really interesting study to see why people do comment on stocks.
Maybe the motivation for people being negative on stocks is exactly the same as people that are positive on stocks they hold... ie that they are looking for a cheaper entry point whilst the "positive holders" are looking for a better exit point?
I hope that my ramblings make sense.

That all said, I believe the influence on share prices by comments on this forum is extremely minimal. Maybe for some small cap stocks there is some influence by on the whole I do not think comments here change prices one iota.

BFG
06-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Blackcap, I think you are better looking through Freuds work than Benjamin Grahams as to why others comment on stocks ;)

Dentie
06-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Interesting point you make there Dentie. But I also would like to know, what is the motivation if you are holding for commenting on stocks. In the greater scheme of things it does not matter if one is holding or not. I mean if one is positive about a stock they are holding that could be construed as "ramping" dare I say it if the motivation is to get the stock to go up because of ones comments. I think it would be a really interesting study to see why people do comment on stocks.
Maybe the motivation for people being negative on stocks is exactly the same as people that are positive on stocks they hold... ie that they are looking for a cheaper entry point whilst the "positive holders" are looking for a better exit point?
I hope that my ramblings make sense.

That all said, I believe the influence on share prices by comments on this forum is extremely minimal. Maybe for some small cap stocks there is some influence by on the whole I do not think comments here change prices one iota.

Hi Blackcap. I would have thought the simple "innocent" motivation for taking the time (or having the time) to comment on a forum is based on interest that one may have in a particular stock because one already holds a stock - or is considering holding that stock. If you didn't hold a stock and had no interest in holding the stock - why would you bother?

The influence is not so much on the SP itself (god, who has that power?) but on the other people who might be considering the stock. Why should they be influenced based on other people's personal beefs with the management or whatever...rather than on the performance of the underlying business? Unfortunately for learners...(and who isn't still one of those)...some may look at how many blue stars or green cards under an anonymous name and believe they ALL actually know what they are talking about.

Balance
06-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi Blackcap. I would have thought the simple "innocent" motivation for taking the time (or having the time) to comment on a forum is based on interest that one may have in a particular stock because one already holds a stock - or is considering holding that stock. If you didn't hold a stock and had no interest in holding the stock - why would you bother?

The influence is not so much on the SP itself (god, who has that power?) but on the other people who might be considering the stock. Why should they be influenced based on other people's personal beefs with the management or whatever...rather than on the performance of the underlying business? Unfortunately for learners...(and who isn't still one of those)...some may look at how many blue stars or green cards under an anonymous name and believe they ALL actually know what they are talking about.

Those with experience, teach and pass on lessons learnt.

Those with no experience, learn to differentiate between those (with experience) who are there to mislead you and those who are there to guide you.

If this forum is only for those who hold stocks, we can be sure of one thing - postings hyping up Derek Handley & Snakk's type PR designed to paint everything positive.

Based upon DH's track record so far (especially his blatant attempts to hide his sale of shares), I think most newies will be grateful to those who do not hold shares but take the trouble to post to provide perspective.

Joshuatree
06-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Those with experience, teach and pass on lessons learnt.

Those with no experience, learn to differentiate between those (with experience) who are there to mislead you and who are there to guide you.

If this forum is only for those who hold stocks, we can be sure of one thing - Derek Handley & Snakk's type PR designed to paint everything positive.

Based upon DH's track record so far (especially his blatant attempts to hide his sale of shares), I think most newies will be grateful to those who do not hold shares but take the trouble to post to provide perspective.

Here Here; well put Balance. This applies to the CRP thread as well.

Dentie
06-11-2014, 09:34 AM
“There's more chapters coming up real soon mate. No time to publish right now”
“Come on BFG.. spill the beans .What is it you know that we do not?”

“Stay tuned”

Bugger this...I am looking for guidance & lessons NOW. These little teasers do nothing for us learners. Don't half tell the story.....get on with it if you have knowledge for us learners.

Based on the evidence, we'll no doubt be told AFTER the event and we can all start to do our hail Mary's!

Cobber
06-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Making a user become actively aware of an ad is much more effective than displaying an ad and hoping for something more than passive indifference. Interesting use of psychology.

From Stuff - "Snakk is plugging television feeds into a computer and using optical character recognition (OCR) technology - the same technology used by speed cameras to read number plates - to detect when adverts air."

Based on the technology they are using, sounds like the mobile device the consumer is using, would need to be pointing at the TV so that the technology (OCR) can read something (ie to determine what ad is currently playing).

I would have thought technology like Shazam built in would be better to recognise background tv ads playing.

This PR release is probably more about tweaking advertising agencies interest in coming to chat with Snakk and less about the launch of some great new big way of doing advertising.

My 2 cents worth anyhow.

Tom.Pullar-Strecker
06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
From Stuff - "Snakk is plugging television feeds into a computer and using optical character recognition (OCR) technology - the same technology used by speed cameras to read number plates - to detect when adverts air."

Based on the technology they are using, sounds like the mobile device the consumer is using, would need to be pointing at the TV so that the technology (OCR) can read something (ie to determine what ad is currently playing).

I would have thought technology like Shazam built in would be better to recognise background tv ads playing.

This PR release is probably more about tweaking advertising agencies interest in coming to chat with Snakk and less about the launch of some great new big way of doing advertising.

My 2 cents worth anyhow.

Umm no, you misunderstand, Snakk monitors what is being broadcast from one computer in a data centre and times in-app adverts to appear based on what it sees. The individual's own smartphone/tablet doesn't need to know what is being broadcast when. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the story (story author).

Cobber
06-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Umm no, you misunderstand, Snakk monitors what is being broadcast from one computer in a data centre and times in-app adverts to appear based on what it sees. The individual's own smartphone/tablet doesn't need to know what is being broadcast when. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the story (story author).

Thanks for clearing that bit up.

So how do they know what channel you're watching to work out which ad is currently playing on your TV?

boofters
06-11-2014, 03:10 PM

Couldn't agree more.

A promise like this, in todays 4 screen world, as a closer for the ad agency's pitch. Never met a salesman that lets the facts get inthe way of a story. My company uses SAP :-)

DISC:Hold SNK with fingers and toes crossed they start to attract the interest of the big boys.

Cobber
06-11-2014, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=boofters;515374]

"A promise like this, in todays 4 screen world, as a closer for the ad agency's pitch. Never met a salesman that lets the facts get in the way of a story."

Coffee's for closers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6aGw4l5XQ

Swiftideas
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
So how do they know what channel you're watching to work out which ad is currently playing on your TV?

Don't think they do
If a mobile knows what's on TV great. But that's a big game. Holy grail if you can purchase from TV.
Sounds more like Snakk are selling a product line to the TV guys. Almost as an extension of TV ads.
This sounds different than selling to the mobile guys. I'm just following the money.
Either way be interesting to see what happens next.

Dentie
06-11-2014, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=boofters;515374]

"A promise like this, in todays 4 screen world, as a closer for the ad agency's pitch. Never met a salesman that lets the facts get in the way of a story."

Coffee's for closers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6aGw4l5XQ

Hahaha...nice clip Cobber. makes me wonder whether those sorts of conversations are going on in Hershey, Pennsylvania at this time...

...ooooops...sorry - wrong thread!!

blackcap
06-11-2014, 05:11 PM

I can go along with what you say there in most parts. I think on a forum such as this thought that all opinion both positive and negative is respected. I also think that management are an integral component of a stock and as such if management are engaging in practices that are not in the shareholders best interests then those are allowed to be outed. I think most here on this forum post about a stock because they have an interest in 1. investing in general and 2. an interest in a particular stock be it long/short or neither. The why would you bother... is because you may wish to warn other (newbies or whatever you might want to call them) about the pitfalls of certain stocks and unfortunately there are always going to be a few on any exchange. The stocks and management that are routinely destroying shareholder wealth, or the ones where management use the listed vehicle for their own purpose and not as their mandate provides under the Companies Act spring to mind and there are a few of them. I am firmly of the belief that if people get upset about posters being too negative or positive about a certain stock then they are too involved emotionally and should probably find another hobby.

BFG
22-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Strangely silent from Snakk.

No news on Asian expansion. No newsletters like were promised. No word on ASX listing. Not even trying for anything really.

What's that I hear though? Is it Drek contemplating another capital raise regardless? Would love to see him try at a near 50% discount to the last one!

All the smart ducks left the pond long ago for better sector companies like MBE...

axe
22-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Strangely silent from Snakk.

No news on Asian expansion. No newsletters like were promised. No word on ASX listing. Not even trying for anything really.

What's that I hear though? Is it Drek contemplating another capital raise regardless? Would love to see him try at a near 50% discount to the last one!

All the smart ducks left the pond long ago for better sector companies like MBE...

Half year results not too far away.......

robbo24
22-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Drek... Love it.

DREKK

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

axe
23-11-2014, 06:21 PM

According to your post on the Coca Cola thread, you hold it: "Results of Strategic Review out today. 93 Page PDF very interesting read. DISC hold." You are aware that millions of children's teeth are rotting as a result of Coca Cola, right? That millions of adults suffer morbid obesity and even death as a result of Coca Cola, right? Yet you hold the stock and have the audacity to confront BFG for merely referring to the Virgin crash. You have fatty, sugary blood on your hands and you try to make a moral point against BFG...

And you talk of credibility...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Robbo you really had me worried when you mentioned "You have fatty, sugary blood" ( i thought it was going to say in my veins...)

I probably need to get it checked out right ????

Anyhows
I want see sales traction from the singapore branch of snk
Revenue from Represent too.

robbo24
23-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Robbo you really had me worried when you mentioned "You have fatty, sugary blood" ( i thought it was going to say in my veins...)

I probably need to get it checked out right ???

Just change to Coke Life and you'll be fine...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nextbigthing
23-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Interesting wee write up in the lift out of the weekend Dom Post about the chick that got tapped by Derek. He 'convinced' her to give up a large portion of her salary back to his foundation.

BFG
23-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Interesting wee write up in the lift out of the weekend Dom Post about the chick that got tapped by Derek.
How did that pass censorship?!?!

robbo24
23-11-2014, 10:30 PM
How did that pass censorship?!?!

Um BFG, do you remember that Derek did a large online campaign resulting in him giving her the tap?

It wasn't that long ago.

nextbigthing
23-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Um BFG, do you remember that Derek did a large online campaign resulting in him giving her the tap?

It wasn't that long ago.

BFG is still gutted it wasn't him after all the Sharetrader recommendations

robbo24
23-11-2014, 10:36 PM
BFG is still gutted it wasn't him after all the Sharetrader recommendations

I'll see if I can find the one I wrote for BFG again.

robbo24
23-11-2014, 10:39 PM
George Bernard Shaw said that "[a] life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." It is for this reason that I nominate [BFG]. [BFG] is a historian, a market buff, a socialite and most importantly a charitable man. [BFG] is testament to the adage put forward by Mr Shaw, using his knowledge of history he helps his community make the right decisions in life and with their money.

I first met [BFG] through our mutual interest in music because he was in the process of setting up a charitable organisation to bring the beat of life into schools using bongos and drums. It was this altruism that led us to become friends to this day.

With all sincerity, I co-sign the selfless work in the community by [BFG] and wish him all the best in the ShoulderTap process. I hope you consider his tireless benevolence in your quest for the right person for the job.

Tip: If I start a sentence with the words "[w]ith all sincerity" I am probably being sarcastic.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nextbigthing
23-11-2014, 10:42 PM
haha Brilliant. How did he not get the tap?!

robbo24
23-11-2014, 10:51 PM
haha Brilliant. How did he not get the tap?!

He did but he repressed it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BFG
24-11-2014, 07:08 AM
George Bernard Shaw said that "[a] life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." It is for this reason that I nominate [BFG]. [BFG] is a historian, a market buff, a socialite and most importantly a charitable man. [BFG] is testament to the adage put forward by Mr Shaw, using his knowledge of history he helps his community make the right decisions in life and with their money.

I first met [BFG] through our mutual interest in music because he was in the process of setting up a charitable organisation to bring the beat of life into schools using bongos and drums. It was this altruism that led us to become friends to this day.

With all sincerity, I co-sign the selfless work in the community by [BFG] and wish him all the best in the ShoulderTap process. I hope you consider his tireless benevolence in your quest for the right person for the job.
Hahaha, THIS GUY!

Guess bongos and a steady drumming aren't up Derek's alley.

I think NBT should be the next candidate. Could worknout a snazzy CV and foreword for him no doubt!

nextbigthing
24-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Hahaha, THIS GUY!

Guess bongos and a steady drumming aren't up Derek's alley.

I think NBT should be the next candidate. Could worknout a snazzy CV and foreword for him no doubt!

Let's be 100% clear. I'm a tapper, not a tappee.

BFG
24-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Let's be 100% clear. I'm a tapper, not a tappee.

Does this mean we all have a chance of being the future mediocre object? :D

whatsup
24-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Personally as a long term holder I do not think Snakk will ever deliver and we will not see .12 again for a very long time !!

Dentie
24-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Personally as a long term holder I do not think Snakk will ever deliver and we will not see .12 again for a very long time !!

If most people took their focus off Mr H and actually concentrated on what the actual business was up to - who knows, maybe things would change around the SP. Seems to me people are being influenced by the wrong things .... the business itself appears to be operating in the right markets and is growing. I think Mark Ryan has proven to have his finger on the pulse so far.

But you know what people are like around negative events...a bit like a dog actually, won't let the bone go no matter what. Sad really.

robbo24
24-11-2014, 11:48 AM
If most people took their focus off Mr H and actually concentrated on what the actual business was up to - who knows, maybe things would change around the SP. Seems to me people are being influenced by the wrong things .... the business itself appears to be operating in the right markets and is growing. I think Mark Ryan has proven to have his finger on the pulse so far.

But you know what people are like around negative events...a bit like a dog actually, won't let the bone go no matter what. Sad really.

Ahhh so Dentie is Dreek???

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Harvey Specter
24-11-2014, 12:16 PM

But you know what people are like around negative events...a bit like a dog actually, won't let the bone go no matter what. Sad really.They do seem to be going ok but there does appear to be games being played with the shareprice. Consider it like a share with an overhang. Once that overhang is removed, the company can start being valued based on the company.

Dentie
24-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Ahhh so Dentie is Dreek???

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ha ha....Here's a bone that I still chew on from time to time - and funnily enough, it involves another Mr H....back in 1978!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r4iOOjOWL4

Save time and go to 4:50 secs....see what Mr H (& Mr O too!) get up to ........

Now, if that Mr H can still hold his head up and be proud after all these years - then I'm sure Dreek can do the same.

Dentie
24-11-2014, 12:32 PM
They do seem to be going ok but there does appear to be games being played with the shareprice. Consider it like a share with an overhang. Once that overhang is removed, the company can start being valued based on the company.

I still don't fully understand how this works Harvey...but just last week I received some education from the Ozzies on this "SP manipulation" topic.

http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/pipeline.2404447/#post-14306510

Seems like it happens quite a bit.

BFG
24-11-2014, 12:38 PM
They do seem to be going ok but there does appear to be games being played with the shareprice. Consider it like a share with an overhang. Once that overhang is removed, the company can start being valued based on the company.
We were saying that about Sorenson... then Business Bakery... then SeaDragon... now the Chair is selling and his mates are most likely helping out (see Sparkbox holdings). When will it end? Never imho, just another game to try and suck dry the little guy and naive young ones who believe in this "tech revolution".

When's the 6 monthly coming out?...Not seeing the usual share price ramp up before news.

The ducks are long gone. Long, looooooonnnnggggg gone.

ari
24-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Reminds me of the days of IT Capital and the layered screen. Went to one Shareholders meeting.......came away not believing what I had just been listening to. Never heard so much crap & BS.....! Some things never change.

Swiftideas
24-11-2014, 08:39 PM
..now the Chair is selling and his mates are most likely helping out.
Is there any substance to this comment? Is this a new development? Or an old reference to the items discussed at AGM last year? (genuinely interested)

If most people took their focus off Mr H and actually concentrated on what the actual business was up to - who knows, maybe things would change around the SP. Completely agree.

robbo24
24-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah, swiftideas is right.

BFG is being unfair.

There is so much stuff that is awesome about Snakk even if there seems to be some discontent about Drekk. Remember, leave Derek alone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc).

Anyway, let's get back to the good points about Snakk. For this purpose, I quote the Snakk website (http://snakkmedia.com/):

(1) Innovative technologies to advertise on mobiles, tablets and smart screen devices

(2) Working with Media Agencies, Brands and publishers to deliver astonishing results

(3) One of the first public companies to become a purpose-driven B Corporation

Come on guys, Snakk is innovative, astonishing and first to become a purpose-driven B Corporation.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Swiftideas
25-11-2014, 03:13 AM
BFG is being unfair...
Youtube is a step down from you Robbo. Do a photoshop and cheer us all up instead. It'll be so funny.

but still my actual share trading question remains - is there a new sell off? yes? or not?

meanwhile this piece today on regional vs global issues in the media sector is interesting. https://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2014/11/24/technology/ticker-modern-business-life#media

Facebook and Google are obvious leaders in the mobile ad sector
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/facebook-seen-as-unrivaled-for-mobile-ads-beating-google-2014-11-03

Apple's iAd is getting more aggressive about keeping pace
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-21/apple-opens-mobile-ads-service-to-automated-partners.html

And InMobi continue to add scale
http://techcircle.vccircle.com/2014/11/10/inmobi-in-numbers-close-to-138b-ad-impressions-reaching-872m-users-a-month/

How will this play out? Can independent regional players thrive?

BFG
25-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Without forward revenue/profit/loss guidance of any kind, nor real firm information on strategic direction, nor the ability to raise more money due to screwing shareholders in NZ and gaining a horrendous reputation amongst the shareholding community, the best Handley and Snakk can hope for is a buyout from a bigger player. Handley has done it before and will do it again, and not even tried to hide the fact he would sell up Snakk to whoever wanted it! Doubt SPP shareholders still holding would see much gain out of their original buy in price.

I wouldn't mind seeing MBE buying them out and taking them to scale through their own model. And having Handley nowheree near their office. I'm sure he's busy enough with Sky/AUT/public speaking/Richard Branson/Corporation Bs/Tappity Tap Tapping/watching us on LinkedIn :D

robbo24
25-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Youtube is a step down from you Robbo. Do a photoshop and cheer us all up instead. It'll be so funny.

If you insist.

I know for a fact that Handley just loves satirical photoshopping.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Balance
25-11-2014, 10:05 AM

You mean like taking the eye off Kim Dotcom and focus on the Internet Party?

Just like Derek Handley thought NZ voters will do in the election?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11187659

He could not have been more wrong about the role Kim Dotcom and Internet Party brought to the election!

The self-anointed spokesperson Mr Handley has egg all over his face. (cue - BFG to photoshop DH with egg all over his face).

"Kim Dotcom's political party will be unleashed soon and, like him or not, something fantastic is brewing for New Zealand. I for one am watching happily as it unfolds. A lot of people from the industry that Kim and I work in, which involves technology, the internet, and innovation of the future, have thus far stayed quiet, preferring to sit on the sidelines.

So as a self-appointed member of that unofficial club, I thought I'd come out and say something.

There is no doubt that controversy and hype surrounds Kim Dotcom. But if you can look beyond this for a moment and imagine that he could possibly play an important part of the political process, you might find yourself surprised."

We weren't surprised but sounds like you were, Mr Team B Sorehead Handley!

:D

BFG
25-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Yup, sure backed a terrible horse there. Pretty much dropped out of the race on the last bend, broke two legs and couldn't finish. Will be chopped up for horsemeat in 2015 at an American factory and served cold. Great role he played in NZ politics eh?

BTW Balance, I don't do the photoshopping, Robo has proved much more adept it at than I. I just think up the witty lines :)

Harvey Specter
25-11-2014, 11:16 AM
"Kim Dotcom's political party will be unleashed soon and, like him or not, something fantastic is brewing for New Zealand. I for one am watching happily as it unfolds. A lot of people from the industry that Kim and I work in, which involves technology, the internet, and innovation of the future, have thus far stayed quiet, preferring to sit on the sidelines.Im sure alot of people in the tech scene probably were thinking similar (expecting something like this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_of_Canada ) but in the end, it wasn't an internet party, it was a left wing, anti John Key party.

BFG
25-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Im sure alot of people in the tech scene probably were thinking similar (expecting something like this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_of_Canada ) but in the end, it wasn't an internet party, it was a left wing, anti John Key party.

It was always about Dotcon trying to gain legitimacy, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone who JI'ed (Harre/Minto/Hone the racist) were blinded by the $$$ signs. You include Handley on that list as well.

Luckily all of NZ saw through it. And the also see through why Snakk was listed in the first place...

Harvey Specter
25-11-2014, 12:26 PM
It was always about Dotcon trying to gain legitimacy, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone who JI'ed (Harre/Minto/Hone the racist) were blinded by the $$$ signs. You include Handley on that list as well.

Luckily all of NZ saw through it. And the also see through why Snakk was listed in the first place...Agree. I think many hoped DotCom would deliver something but once Harre was announced, most knew it was over. The mana party hook up was the final nail.

Balance
25-11-2014, 01:52 PM
All joking apart, let's hope Mr Handley learns a lesson in humility from the sordid and embarrassing Kim Dotcom Party episode.

And he learns to associate with genuine people who are genuine about their aims to make the world a better place for all.

BFG
25-11-2014, 03:42 PM
All joking apart, let's hope Mr Handley learns a lesson in humility from the sordid and embarrassing Kim Dotcom Party episode.

And he learns to associate with genuine people who are genuine about their aims to make the world a better place for all.

We can only hope, but the damage to Snakk has already been done and is most likely irreversible. Could have been another good listing. Instead it's been used and abused by Sorenson and other backdoor individuals like so many others and then discarded on the side of the road for the vultures to feast off.

J R Ewing
25-11-2014, 04:02 PM
BFG, my view remains that if this was ever likely to be a big, valuable company it would never have been sold to and then by Sorenson et al in the first place.

robbo24
25-11-2014, 04:07 PM
All joking apart, let's hope Mr Handley learns :Da lesson in humility from the sordid and embarrassing Kim Dotcom Party episode.

:DAnd he learns to associate with genuine people who are genuine about their aims to make the world a better place for all.

I really want to see some concrete numbers, examples a:Dnd statistics about what Snakk does.
:D:D
I also want to see some concrete numbers, examples and statistics about the results of B Corporation/s.
:DFurther, I would looooooooooove to see some concrete numbers, examples and statistics about what the Handley Foundation gets up to.
The ambiguity of Handley-spin makes it very ambiguous.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Balance
25-11-2014, 04:31 PM
I really want to see some concrete numbers, examples a:Dnd statistics about what Snakk does.
I also want to see some concrete numbers, examples and statistics about the results of B Corporation/s.
:DFurther, I would looooooooooove to see some concrete numbers, examples and statistics about what the Handley Foundation gets up to.
The ambiguity of Handley-spin makes it very ambiguous.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Getting a headache from all the :D :D :D

Need a photoshop of Handley with egg on his face and Dotcom licking it off.

J R Ewing
25-11-2014, 04:44 PM

You have just put me off my dinner!

robbo24
25-11-2014, 10:02 PM

Balance, I don't have a lot of time to do photoshopping anymore but seeing as you asked so nicely, here's something just for you.

Balance
25-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Balance, I don't have a lot of time to do photoshopping anymore but seeing as you asked so nicely, here's something just for you.

Haha - good one, Robbo.

Kiwi
04-12-2014, 03:50 PM
After watching Diligent and Finzsoft prices race ahead of late, is it at all possible that Snakk could advance in price to the same extent if the report on the 12th is encouraging?
In other words, should one be considering buying a heap more?
All comments welcome.

BFG
04-12-2014, 03:53 PM
After watching Diligent and Finzsoft prices race ahead of late, is it at all possible that Snakk could advance in price to the same extent if the report on the 12th is encouraging?
In other words, should one be considering buying a heap more?
All comments welcome.

There's one MASSIVE difference (actually two if you think about it...) between FIN/DIL and SNK.

See if you can spot them. (And no, offloading Chairs is not one)

Cobber
12-12-2014, 11:17 AM
There's one MASSIVE difference (actually two if you think about it...) between FIN/DIL and SNK.

See if you can spot them. (And no, offloading Chairs is not one)

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Snakk's results. It's Friday, nearly lunchtime and still no release.

A possible strategy to try and limit the damage??

Most other financial releases were done at 8.30am - so not sure why we have a big delay on.

sharp
12-12-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Snakk's results. It's Friday, nearly lunchtime and still no release.

Most other financial releases were done at 8.30am - so not sure why we have a big delay on.

SNK

12/12/2014 11:34

HALFYR

PRICE SENSITIVE

REL: 1134 HRS Snakk Media Limited

sharp
12-12-2014, 11:36 AM

There is a video to go with the results. Hence the later release?

Cobber
12-12-2014, 11:51 AM
https://nzx.com/files/attachments/205501.pdf

Big, big stumble in my books.

Whilst pushing Asia growth with more losses, their backyard (Australia) didn't grow qtr - qtr.

These guys are exposed.

They should have focused on profitability. It's like Handley learnt nothing from the days of Hyperfactory.

There is no way I can see them getting anywhere near $10 - $11 million revenue for the financial year.

With agency trading desks getting bigger, I'm quite concerned about what Snakk actually is now.

whatsup
12-12-2014, 12:04 PM
https://nzx.com/files/attachments/205501.pdf

Big, big stumble in my books.

Whilst pushing Asia growth with more losses, their backyard (Australia) didn't grow qtr - qtr.

These guys are exposed.

They should have focused on profitability. It's like Handley learnt nothing from the days of Hyperfactory.

There is no way I can see them getting anywhere near $10 - $11 million revenue for the financial year.

With agency trading desks getting bigger, I'm quite concerned about what Snakk actually is now.

Still speaking in riddles !!

BFG
12-12-2014, 12:48 PM
What an unmitigated disaster.

Losses mounting at an ever increasing rate as investors flee loss making companies.

As I have said before, these guys CAN'T list on the ASX and they have shot themselves in the foot for another cap raise with Handley et al playing stupid shenanigans with their shares.

Don't worry, Drek will escape all and well to shoot off into space with Branson. It's the shareholders who will be left here on Earth coddling the stillborn child...

Cobber
12-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Still speaking in riddles !!

Which part of it didn't you understand?

Cobber
12-12-2014, 01:33 PM
What an unmitigated disaster.

Losses mounting at an ever increasing rate as investors flee loss making companies.

As I have said before, these guys CAN'T list on the ASX and they have shot themselves in the foot for another cap raise with Handley et al playing stupid shenanigans with their shares.

Don't worry, Drek will escape all and well to shoot off into space with Branson. It's the shareholders who will be left here on Earth coddling the stillborn child...

I'm not sure this is so good for Derek either. He can't sell any shares, not when the business is stumbling... and he now has a trust that has to pay 2 right hand people and their projects to pay for. He clearly doesn't have any of his own money to pay them as he had to sell shares to fund it.

Now Snakk's losses are accelerating with growth flat.

While the rest of the world tells tech businesses to focus on profit... Snakk has their fingers in their ear bleating on about potential in Asia that has yet to arrive. Where in all of this supposed research that they threw at us was the bit that said "Australia would be flat for the 2nd quarter"?

whatsup
12-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Which part of it didn't you understand?

IMO When they undertook the C R they knew that they would be bleeding for a lot longer than they hoped that they would before breaking even hence no acquisition to date and Im betting that they now will not until that happens, what we really have to look for is rats leaving a sinking..... !

Snow Leopard
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
One quarter of poor growth in the major market coupled with a significant chunk of expenditure does not make for pretty headline numbers.

If this is all a one-off then no particular worries. :mellow:

However if the Australian market is going quiet then.... :t_down:

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Dentie
12-12-2014, 02:55 PM
If you are a trader – you’re probably disappointed with these results. But I suspect an Investor may look at things differently...Here’s a few balancing points ….

~ Snakk is a growth company in what appears to be a very fast developing industry in multiple markets ... meaning you can't afford to sit in the one place and hope to grow;
~ Low growth in the Australian market - but this isn't exclusive to Snakk - or to this industry. The whole Aussie economy seems depressed at the moment. At least the revenue is growing;
~ Growth in other markets means new hirings are inevitable ... and Snakk has hired some big boys as well as sales staff over the past few months. This needs cash;
~ It is very difficult to invest for growth as well as get profitability at the same time. That would be an unexpected bonus;
~ We’re only halfway through FY15 …. look at the comments on how Q3 is progressing;
~ It is only cash that is not growing…the rest of the balance sheet is growing;
~ I’m not even going to mention what effect DH may have!

My view is Snakk is not yet really for traders. It needs to get properly established. Bottom drawer for me and will check in again at FY15 results.

BFG
12-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Very interesting seeing Alpe and Kong received $7500 in Directors fees yet Drek pulled in a massive $62500. (See page 15)

Tell me, why does Handley deserve way more when he hardly does anything?

Never ceases to amaze this company...

robbo24
12-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Very interesting seeing Alpe and Kong received $7500 in Directors fees yet Drek pulled in a massive $62500. (See page 15)

Tell me, why does Handley deserve way more when he hardly does anything?

Never ceases to amaze this company...

See my previous disscussion about the content of the Handley Foundation trust deed, etc.

Or I'll call you later and explain after 18 beers.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BFG
12-12-2014, 04:21 PM
See my previous disscussion about the content of the Handley Foundation trust deed, etc.

Or I'll call you later and explain after 18 beers.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You make more sense after 18 (and those are 7%ers, not the weak stuff) ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

Cobber
12-12-2014, 04:27 PM
If you are a trader – you’re probably disappointed with these results. But I suspect an Investor may look at things differently...Here’s a few balancing points ….

~ Snakk is a growth company in what appears to be a very fast developing industry in multiple markets ... meaning you can't afford to sit in the one place and hope to grow;
~ Low growth in the Australian market - but this isn't exclusive to Snakk - or to this industry. The whole Aussie economy seems depressed at the moment. At least the revenue is growing;
~ Growth in other markets means new hirings are inevitable ... and Snakk has hired some big boys as well as sales staff over the past few months. This needs cash;
~ It is very difficult to invest for growth as well as get profitability at the same time. That would be an unexpected bonus;
~ We’re only halfway through FY15 …. look at the comments on how Q3 is progressing;
~ It is only cash that is not growing…the rest of the balance sheet is growing;
~ I’m not even going to mention what effect DH may have!

My view is Snakk is not yet really for traders. It needs to get properly established. Bottom drawer for me and will check in again at FY15 results.

I disagree.... as an investor I'm extremely disappointed.

Why couldn't the company focus on profitability first and establish a beach-head before charging into new markets??

As an investor, when you go to the market looking for new money to keep this machine alive... any new investor is going to want a huge discount to the current SP. How does that work for existing shareholders?? Watching our invested value continue slide even more than it has to date.

Right now investors are not making any money on Snakk.... and right now... existing investors should now be questioning if they will ever see any growth in this company.

Revenue growth is but 1 metric... losses are the other. And the size of this loss is beyond comprehension.

Blaming the Aussie economy whilst forking out big $$ for supposed big boys also seems quite literally out of step. Its actually stupidity.

The story they are trying to tell is ****. And the bottomline cause of this is - wait for it - not watching the bottomline!

BFG
12-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Buyers very absent.

The worm has well and truly turned, and there are no ducks left to eat it...

Cobber
12-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Drekk is just repeating the nightmare of Hyperfactory all over again.

A growing business with growing losses, growing into more and more territories.

As soon as the market turns flat, he finds out he is exposed on all flanks.

BFG
12-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Drekk is just repeating the nightmare of Hyperfactory all over again.

A growing business with growing losses, growing into more and more territories.

As soon as the market turns flat, he finds out he is exposed on all flanks.
And the only winner is Drek.

And they say history never repeats eh?

Cobber
12-12-2014, 05:00 PM
And the only winner is Drek.

And they say history never repeats eh?

History won't remember him as a winner.... not at this point in time anyway.

BFG
12-12-2014, 05:10 PM
History won't remember him as a winner.... not at this point in time anyway.

Only a winner because he gets away with the only thing that matters to him. The almighty dollar. Makes TeamB and all the "ethics" look like a huge slap in the face eh? Wonder what his workers will think of him when they're all laid off like Hyperfactory was?

Dentie
12-12-2014, 08:31 PM
I disagree.... as an investor I'm extremely disappointed.

Why couldn't the company focus on profitability first and establish a beach-head before charging into new markets??

As an investor, when you go to the market looking for new money to keep this machine alive... any new investor is going to want a huge discount to the current SP. How does that work for existing shareholders?? Watching our invested value continue slide even more than it has to date.

Right now investors are not making any money on Snakk.... and right now... existing investors should now be questioning if they will ever see any growth in this company.

Revenue growth is but 1 metric... losses are the other. And the size of this loss is beyond comprehension.

Blaming the Aussie economy whilst forking out big $$ for supposed big boys also seems quite literally out of step. Its actually stupidity.

The story they are trying to tell is ****. And the bottomline cause of this is - wait for it - not watching the bottomline!

Seems like a lot of the focus for the HY performance (or lack of) is going onto Derek Handley. From what I can see he is only the Chairman of SNK but reviewing this thread clearly shows Derek Handley is the cause of anything negative....and although he may have shortcomings (like the rest of us), this myopic vilification against him is ridiculous. I reckon the CEO (ie - Mark Ryan) is the one pulling the important levers of the business (or should be!) but that doesn't seem to matter to the DH haters.

Unfortunately, capital raisings are a frequent necessity in quick growing companies, because it takes time to generate cash surpluses. In the early stages, I reckon profitability means bugger all .... it is the working capital (cash) that is important and that takes time - unless there are shareholders with deep pockets (think XRO). It would be financial suicide to fund early growth with debt - so equity it must be (or better still, a non-repayable Govt handout??). Remember losses come in handy later on when profits do start to be made (think IRD!).

Cobber, I'm a bit confused because as an investor, your comments (bolded) don't seem to be consistent with what I would expect from an investor. Investors in (speculative?) start up's that are in growth mode need to be patient and are normally in for the long term - not looking to be making money out of their investment over the short term....which is what the traders are looking for. There is far greater money to be made over the long term - but unfortunately, the trade off against that are these inevitable bumps along the way - including capital losses sometimes. Just as unfortunately, a lot of punters panic and join in the selling - forcing SP's lower. It is only a loss on paper and if one doesn't have to sell - then why?

Rather than SNK, I blame the current state of the Ozzie economy for the current state of a lot of company performances who are exposed to the Ozzie market (and hence lower share prices). So many undervalued shares I reckon over there at the moment (Disc....all my Ozzie shares are red at the moment bugger it!!).

As I said earlier, I'm happy to put SNK in the bottom drawer and will check in again for a health check (financially) at FY15, as we are only halfway through it. One thing is for sure, although I may not have agreed with what DH et al did early on, I am not wasting any energy on him now. I am more interested in what Messers Ryan, Mohan & Alpe have up their sleeve to propel Snakk forward in the markets they have chosen.

Cobber
13-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Seems like a lot of the focus for the HY performance (or lack of) is going onto Derek Handley. From what I can see he is only the Chairman of SNK but reviewing this thread clearly shows Derek Handley is the cause of anything negative....and although he may have shortcomings (like the rest of us), this myopic vilification against him is ridiculous. I reckon the CEO (ie - Mark Ryan) is the one pulling the important levers of the business (or should be!) but that doesn't seem to matter to the DH haters.

Unfortunately, capital raisings are a frequent necessity in quick growing companies, because it takes time to generate cash surpluses. In the early stages, I reckon profitability means bugger all .... it is the working capital (cash) that is important and that takes time - unless there are shareholders with deep pockets (think XRO). It would be financial suicide to fund early growth with debt - so equity it must be (or better still, a non-repayable Govt handout??). Remember losses come in handy later on when profits do start to be made (think IRD!).

Cobber, I'm a bit confused because as an investor, your comments (bolded) don't seem to be consistent with what I would expect from an investor. Investors in (speculative?) start up's that are in growth mode need to be patient and are normally in for the long term - not looking to be making money out of their investment over the short term....which is what the traders are looking for. There is far greater money to be made over the long term - but unfortunately, the trade off against that are these inevitable bumps along the way - including capital losses sometimes. Just as unfortunately, a lot of punters panic and join in the selling - forcing SP's lower. It is only a loss on paper and if one doesn't have to sell - then why?

Rather than SNK, I blame the current state of the Ozzie economy for the current state of a lot of company performances who are exposed to the Ozzie market (and hence lower share prices). So many undervalued shares I reckon over there at the moment (Disc....all my Ozzie shares are red at the moment bugger it!!).

As I said earlier, I'm happy to put SNK in the bottom drawer and will check in again for a health check (financially) at FY15, as we are only halfway through it. One thing is for sure, although I may not have agreed with what DH et al did early on, I am not wasting any energy on him now. I am more interested in what Messers Ryan, Mohan & Alpe have up their sleeve to propel Snakk forward in the markets they have chosen.

My biggest concern is that the industry is moving quickly towards a "Do It Yourself Model".

Snakk's technology wrapped up into a platform. We know this is happening because Snakk said Facebook mobile has grown significantly.

Quick search and I find this company :

http://www.majority.co/

Snakk's technology automated into a system where agencies / companies buy on the ad exchanges directly.

What's more, check out their growth run rate - http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/12/mobile-majority-50-million/

So the question is.... is Snakk's model of door knocking on agencies throughout the region the best strategy OR maybe the smart money is on developing a platform that enables customers to cherry pick the mobile service they want to buy and doing it themselves online.

I would also suggest Snakk looking at technology like Bannerflow.com which makes HTML5 development dead easy including adserving.

Dentie
13-12-2014, 01:55 PM
My biggest concern is that the industry is moving quickly towards a "Do It Yourself Model".

Snakk's technology wrapped up into a platform. We know this is happening because Snakk said Facebook mobile has grown significantly.

Quick search and I find this company :

http://www.majority.co/

Snakk's technology automated into a system where agencies / companies buy on the ad exchanges directly.

What's more, check out their growth run rate - http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/12/mobile-majority-50-million/

So the question is.... is Snakk's model of door knocking on agencies throughout the region the best strategy OR maybe the smart money is on developing a platform that enables customers to cherry pick the mobile service they want to buy and doing it themselves online.

I would also suggest Snakk looking at technology like Bannerflow.com which makes HTML5 development dead easy including adserving.

Good interesting question mate....makes sense to me but I'm no expert on this technology. Why not email the question directly to Mr Ryan? He has always been approachable in the past. Who knows, they may well have a strategy on this...along with some reasoning.

Cobber
13-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Good interesting question mate....makes sense to me but I'm no expert on this technology. Why not email the question directly to Mr Ryan? He has always been approachable in the past. Who knows, they may well have a strategy on this...along with some reasoning.

I think the first series of questions to Mark will be around, was the second quarter results based on a flat industry or was it that agencies were not picking Snakk as the vendor for their mobile campaigns.

The second question is.... when you don't own a platform, why on earth would you expand into Asia with more costs when your local markets (Australia and NZ) are still bleeding??

If you're Twitter, Uber, Facebook etc, yes I get it.... make losses now to expand because you need to grow your eco-system.

But Snakk doesn't have an eco-system.... they just sell media. That's it.

They do not have 1 reason why I as an agency should NOT walk away from them and try the other new kid on the blocks wares.... or this new system online which puts me more in control of my clients spend - BUT also makes more money!

That's why the next round of capital raising is going to stink.... Snakk doesn't need money to grow, they need the money to survive.

Scary proposition.

Dentie
13-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I think the first series of questions to Mark will be around, was the second quarter results based on a flat industry or was it that agencies were not picking Snakk as the vendor for their mobile campaigns.

The second question is.... when you don't own a platform, why on earth would you expand into Asia with more costs when your local markets (Australia and NZ) are still bleeding??

If you're Twitter, Uber, Facebook etc, yes I get it.... make losses now to expand because you need to grow your eco-system.

But Snakk doesn't have an eco-system.... they just sell media. That's it.

They do not have 1 reason why I as an agency should NOT walk away from them and try the other new kid on the blocks wares.... or this new system online which puts me more in control of my clients spend - BUT also makes more money!

That's why the next round of capital raising is going to stink.... Snakk doesn't need money to grow, they need the money to survive.

Scary proposition.

Sounds to me like you have picked out all your perceived negatives on the company and convinced yourself SNK has now stuffed themselves on all fronts. If your belief has gone then it's all down hill from here ...

On that basis, maybe it's time to think about selling now while you can....what do the experts say ..."limit your losses...". The other side of that could be "sell now and cement your losses in..."

Funny really, investing in the stock market is not unlike participating in roulette....you have no control over any of the business related levers - or the most up to date information - or those that control the overall economy.

Now I know why those that travel on the luge have so much fun!

Cobber
13-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Sounds to me like you have picked out all your perceived negatives on the company and convinced yourself SNK has now stuffed themselves on all fronts. If your belief has gone then it's all down hill from here ...

On that basis, maybe it's time to think about selling now while you can....what do the experts say ..."limit your losses...". The other side of that could be "sell now and cement your losses in..."

Funny really, investing in the stock market is not unlike participating in roulette....you have no control over any of the business related levers - or the most up to date information - or those that control the overall economy.

Now I know why those that travel on the luge have so much fun!

I guess that is the jist of my rant... my belief is gone. Wasn't much of a ride either.... :)

cammo
14-12-2014, 12:43 PM
The modern capitalist business model (i owned a shopfitting company so saw it roll into retail when the big aussies established in our malls starting early 2000s) is to get a massive pile of capital (shareholders funds) , drop down as many stores as you can (get into as many markets as fast as possible), pound the advertising ( well, what are they selling anyway?), pou nd the advertising, lose heaps for the first year or two so you can calculate trajectory, go back to the bank and get another massive pile of capital (another round of fund raising?>?) , put out more stores in more malls, order huge wads of product from china (farm out IT work to phillipines??!), work out your trajectory again, rinse and repeat. Global domination or BUST. Nobody does it by slowly moving into profit and then tackling the next market. My shares are in bottom drawer awaiting global domination. or if they go bung, i shall ask for them in paper form and use them for TP.

BFG
14-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't hear many DIL shareholders complaining these days. There's also a middle ground I know one company will be seekung to go aling as well.

Problem is its not different this time. This company has alienated itself andif there is a dowturn and funds aee running out, it's gone. The other models will be fine though. Whoops

ari
15-12-2014, 10:23 AM
This company has alienated itself andif there is a dowturn and funds aee running out, it's gone. The other models will be fine though. Whoops
And it's all coming home to roost with an opening of 7c

BFG
12-01-2015, 10:37 AM
I remember I posted a long diatribe of highlights and possibilities for Snakk at the end of 2013. I gave Snakk a reasonable chance to succeed in 2014, but as we have seen by its performance and financials it is nothing but a wealth destruction machine for ordinary shareholders. I feel that it is time to provide an update of all we have learnt this past year so that newer members can learn from our experiences in the trenches...

Broken Promises

On 20 January 2014, Snakk said it was looking at a dual listing on the ASX:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3530743

In May, the company said "Asian Expansion" was continuing, with a senior hire to lead the charge:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3620460

To date, neither promise has been heard from again. While the Asian office is now open in Singapore, nothing new has been quoted out of there, especially figures for the region. I suspect that a) Snakk realised it was much too small and illiquid to even think about listing on the ASX (even giants like MRP hardly get any action with a dual-listing!) and that b) they had so alienated NZX investors that word had spread to the other side of the ditch, whereby no one would want to invest (who can blame them?).

Shouldn’t have to “Clarify Holdings” for multiple entities

On 11 November 2013, Snakk had to release a report explaining why significant shareholders were selling down their Snakk shares because they had fielded so many queries during the past few months:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3484212

This was most significantly in part due to Michael John Sorenson selling his shares issued at 0.05 cents (which he subsequently sold all of). However, other investors, like HPF Investments and SeaDragon, kept selling down at a rapid rate. If Snakk was such a great investment, why was everyone bailing, and bailing hard?

Although it was thought the Big Boys were down by the start of 2014, more shares were issued to Sean Joyce (a good friend of Mr Sorenson and expert backdoor lister).

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3542929

In addition, the company saw a rise in SP after this announcement in February was released, but was promptly beaten back down by huge volumes of selling:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3542673

In addition to all this, in 13 January 2014 Snakk announced that Derek Handley had transferred 2M shares to his own charitable trust, as well as 10% of his holding to The Handley Foundation, other charities and other investors.

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3527679 (https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3527679This)This was a major bone of contention as the shares, under trust, could most likely still be exercised under Handley's discretion. Why a Chairman was offloading shares to "other investors" was unknown as well, and was never explained.
Derek had to again clarify his position in September 2013:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3701318

If a company has to clarify other shareholders holdings, even once, it screams red flag. If it does it MULTIPLE times, witht he Chairman also sellign down, well then...

Investments to other entities when still loss-making

Snakk has been making micro-loans to MicroDreams:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3530743

This is truly bizarre as it is an investment well outside it's current sector and considering Snakk is such a small, loss-making entity.

More closely related to Snakk's sector (but no less risky), the company invested in Plyfe and Moasis:

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3620460

I can understand Snakk wanting to team up/merge with these kinds of companies to make its product better, but why oh why is it throwing money at it???

Why is a company that has control of $7M of investors money (much less now) making investments in other companies when it can't even control it's own expenses? In addition, the Plyfe and Moasis are just as highly speculative, if not more so, as Snakk, making an investors risk profile in a Snakk shareholding extreme. I believe diversification is good, but a company doing it with your money without your knowledge is really diworsification!

Expenses Ballooning:

I remember reading through Derek's book "Heart to Start" and wondering why he had started the book off talking about the stock market of all things. In essence, as with most (or all) entrepreuners, Derek is a gambler and loves the thrill of the chase and speculation. The fact that he undertook massive leverage on one of his first stock-market speculations is testament to this (you can read the book if you want to see why Derek should should have done more due diligence before doing so!).

Snakk is an extension of this gambling habit, that the bull market will continue ad infinitum and that investors will continue to pour money into this loss-making entity until some unspecified profitable time (at least Xero has a vague timeline for profitability!).

While the company has seen massive revenue growth off a low base, concerns have been raised as growth now appears to be slowing, with costs still ballooning. While growth for the HY15 increased Year-on-Year 35% from $3M to $4M (a significant slowdown from 8-90% growth rates before), all expenses exploded from $2.3 to $3.7M, an increase of $1.5M which far outpaced revenues. In addition, comprehensive losses attributable to shareholders (yes, you) went from $837K to $2.2M

Ouch...

Support of Kim Dotcom

Finally, how could we forget Derek's love-affair with Kim Dotcom (a multiple convicted criminal and soon-to-be-deportee)?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11187659

I for one don't like the Chairman of a company I own coming out calling a convicted criminal (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10790822) "Fantastic".

Enough said!

Summary

Although I give kudos to Derek for his stance on inequality and his Team B initiative, Derek entered the NZX with eyes wide shut by teaming up with Sorenson and Co. I feel that the company has the direction of an 18 year old school leaver who has many aspirations and the world in front of them, but doesn't know how to achieve any of them. In summary, Snakk is rudderless and diverging off on too many tangents due to the ping-pong brain of its Chairman.

Just as with warfare, the stock market is a dangerous place and Sun Tzu sums it all up very well:

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Know yourself and know your enemy my fellow STer's! :cool:

J R Ewing
12-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Handley certainly got that article on KDC and his effect on the election badly wrong!

BFG
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Handley certainly got that article on KDC and his effect on the election badly wrong!

Yes, he got many, many things wrong. And all the ducks are coming home to roost ;)

robbo24
12-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Reminds me of that picture of KDC licking egg off Handley's face.